Waiting for f2f

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone I posted in here a while back to say I’d informed them of a change in my condition ....sent me the form I filled it in sent it back and the DWP received it in the 20th November ....I rang yesterday to ask what was happening was told to give it two more weeks and ring back she said it maybe there contacting HPs for more info and therefore may not have to have a f2f ...has anyone else waited this long ?...and has anyone not had to have a f2f? Thank you xx

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

To be honest, that amount of time really isn't that long. You have to take into consideration Christmas and New year closing as well. All this would add to the backlog that was already there.

Once DWP would have recieved your form, it would have been sent straight to the assessment providers. After that it has nothing to do with DWP until they recieve it back. I would advice you to ring the assessment providers to ask. As i said before, there are no time scales and you'll most probably need another assessment. Most people have them because it's very rare to have a paper based assessment.

• Posted

Hi Deborah

I did the same after my 1st f2f in which l received standard for both. Not long later my ankles got OA and l had surgery on them. I informed them of COC and l had to get another f2f. This was a shocking f2f the woman was rude and l new by end of it l was getting nothing more.

I was right as l asked for a copy of my report which was full of lies and made up things. I was not about to take it so l got more letters from my consultants and went to my local MP and she was great she put a complaint letter into ASOS and to the DWP. I had called and they told me they had sent the letters to the DM and suddenly they had gave me extra points for questions l did not even contest. It was like they just added on to any question so that l had enough for higher rate for both parts. I have not heard of anyone not get a f2f but am not sure.

Good luck

Laura

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.