Waiting for increased dosage to kick in

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all

increased from 20mg to 30mg three weeks ago on advice if doctor as very low. had been on 20mg for years still very up and down and weekend was awful with crippling anxiety. I know it takes a while to work but am off work at the moment and just want to get back. Doctor suggested I might like to try 40mg if I am still feeling grim but then I feel it may take another three weeks to even get to this stage. I am feeling small improvements so conscious that something is going on but so up and down often hour by hour. I guess having been there before I know it will work but this waiting game is a killer. Thanks to Katecogs for all your reassurances on this site. You are amazing. Does anyone have the title of the book that is so often recommended?

To everyone out there battling this love and prayers to stay strong.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

HI Jane have you restarted citalopram or just upping the dose as the 20 isnt working well enough?

• Posted

Hi Tamsin .

Have upped dose on doctors suggestion. Wish I hadn't sometimes as such a rocky road. am seeing little chunks of light but so hard not to want to rush it. Doing everything I can think of to speed it up - exercise etc. Thanks for listening. x

• Posted

Hi Jane/every time you change dosage you will get side effects for 8/10 weeks or so,so stay on the dosage that you are now on and wait for 8/10 weeks to let medication build up in your body.I know that it is a long wait ,but you will start to feel that dosage bit by bit.

• Posted

Hi

Thanks so much for reassurance. Am certainly going to try and work through this without upping dosage again. I just wanted to check what others thought. x

• Posted

hi jane I'm pretty much in the same situation as you and have been considering increasing as I feel I'm only getting worse on 20mg for 6 weeks

this is my second time on them x

how was the increase for you to 30mg?

if you are seeing little improvements I think that's good right? it's such a horrible illness and is hard to know what to do for the best isn't it x

it takes a long time to recover so be strong!

I need to tell myself that lol x

• Posted

Hi again. I wish I hadn't upped dosage because I'd forgotten what the side effects were like. I would recommend hanging on in there on 20mg if you can. I do feel that sometimes doctors who haven't been there are not the best people to judge. To be honest I think people on here are better placed because they've had to live through it all !! x

• Posted

I feel ya. Waiting for my increase to kick in as well. Been on 40mg for a week.

But I actually had a full day yesterday without having a really bad episode so hopefully that’s good.

The only real side effect I’m getting at the moment is my mind feels like a jumbled mess. Not a headache, but just a weird tension feeling in my brain. Brings on a bit of anxiety at times.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.