Waiting for op

Posted , 5 users are following.

I wrote on here before Xmas as I was worried about waiting for results. I received these late on Xmas Eve evening. Had MRI Xmas Eve morning. Results were all fine thank goodness but consultant suggests I should have my ovaries removed. This cyst has actually shrunk a little bit.

Problem is I'm on waiting list. It could take weeks as no emergency ops are happening at the moment. While I was ok with this initially as consultant said cysts is nothing to worry about, I am now experiencing pain in tummy and back which wasn't happening before. It's quite painful. Anybody out there know how long they had to wait. Iv been told it will be done with keyhole surgery. Any suggestions best painkillers to take. I'd be v grateful for any advice.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I had my first appointment with gynaecology and had my date for operation within 3 days. I had to postpone my op though due to getting married so soon after. I'd recommend solpadene max though. X
  • Posted

I found cocodamol good, although at one point I had codeine, but found this left me unable to function clearly during the day. Can get different strengths of cocodamol 8/500 over the counter stronger on prescription. 

Took 16 weeks on waiting list for my op. But was not in pain all the time so was manageable. But was very tired and certainly not feeling on top of the world during wait. Hope you get sorted soon. I had. Cysts removed as I asked for ovaries not to be taken as would send me into menopause, 44 when diagnosed.

• Posted

I am also awaiting removal of ovaries and had pre op a few weeksago, my last attack i had doc was called as pain was awful he gave me painkillers that helped, so i would ask at your surgery for painkillers as they are stronger than over the counter ones
    • Posted

Thanks for all the replies. The fact they re not in a hurry to do the op is reassuring cos I was worried sick before Xmas. Worse time ever. But it wasn't hurting then. Anyone know why it seems to be hurting now. Is that normal? They re taking the ovaries as well as the cysts as a precaution as both my sisters died of different types of cancer. It was going to be full hysterectomy so this is better. I do have strong codeine at home as I broke my ankle badly last year but try not to take them too much as they turn me into a zombie lol
  • Posted

How come you're having to have your ovaries removed aswell? I have cysts on both of my ovaries, the largest of them measured 7 CM on 6th December so it's probably grown by now and I'm not having my surgery till 23rd. Is there any chance I'm going to have my ovaries out too?
    • Posted

Both my sisters died of different types of cancer so it's precautionary. I'm in my 50s so had my children. I prefer this so I don't have to go this horrible scare again. Waiting for results was terrible.
    • Posted

i know this is a strange question but does your cyst seem to have a life of its own. does it move like a baby kicking.

i've had chronic pelvic pain for a very long time and thats been my diagnosis so far.

i am waiting on results for a ct scan but your problem didnt show up anyway.

i'll be gutted if this test shows nothing.

• Posted

I feel the exact same thing, I cannot even put into words the amount of times I've got my Doppler out from my first pregnancy and checked for a babies heartbeat because I'm convinced it feels like a baby kicking!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.