Waiting for operation date drive me mad x

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I agreed to a hysterectomy nearly 4 weeks ago now I've heard nothing not a letter or anything I've rang my gyno secretary around 4 times left a couple of messages but she's not rang back ,I just want a rough idea of a date even if it's next year ,I work for myself and Xmas is my busiest time and I'm currently only taking orders a couple of weeks in advance as not sure how it works ,I have heard you have to sign a form to even go on waiting list and I've not signed anything ,anyone who has had the operation could you tell me how it worked for you from start to finish ,many thanks x

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi sue

How did you agree to a hysterectomy? I was refered to my gynie had my appointment sent out took around 6 weeks then I went to see him in the march had my TAH and BSO July 14th so give weeks ago I am sorry they are not answering you messages why don't you try and go bk to your doctor to see if he can chase it up

Hope you hear something soon,

Nic

• Posted

Hi Nicola I've been under gyno for around two years now it was him who recommended the hysterectomy ,how long after you saw gyno did you receive anything to do with operation x
  • Posted

Hi sue

From Gp refereal in December 2014 to scan in January 2015. Sent to Dr in Gyno February I had two appointments after that first date in February has unsure to proceed with hysterectomy. March 2015 signed my consent form,was told could be 18 week wait from signing of consent form . I was after 8/9 weeks ringing to find where I was on the waiting list. No joy with Secretary has she was non the wiser either. But end of june a cancellation came and I'm now 7weeks post opp. Feeling better for taking the plunge, but consent forms need to be signed. Have you seen your Gyno usually if agreed with gyno for hysterectomy you sign papers there with gyno has both signatures needed. And you can have copy of papers signed if they Don,t offer n you want one I'm sure they will let u have a copy.

Keep ringing first thing in morning I found was better to get hold of Secretary.

• Posted

Hi kizzy I've not signed any forms yet when I agreed with gyno he gave me a form to give in to secretary and two other forms to have bloods done same day I'm

Going to ring again tomo glad you have had yours and feeling better xx

• Posted

Hi Sue

Hope you hear soon for your appointment or pre admissions tests.

If any more questions More than happy to try n answer them. xx

• Posted

Hi sue

I had an appointment on the 23rd july and signed my consent form there and then I have to wait 12 weeks before I get my hysterectomy as I am taking emsya.why did ur gyno not give u it then? Hope u get something soon xx

• Posted

Hi all finally have a date for operation 24th November still a while to wait but at least I know now and can prepare myself for it x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.