Waiting for outcome of pip

Posted , 4 users are following.

i recently claimed pip, had my face to face interview with darren who added extra into my form , all he said i shall hear within due course, i suffer from constant pain in my lower back which is affects my daily routine, also have angina, asthmatic, diabetes, glaucoma, and now started to wear hearing aids. i have also had depression which i suffered from in the past, i have again been receiving help for a further bout of it . then I was told that i might not be entitled to pip. what do you need to do to get pip be dying in your bed.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

To be brutally honest, yes Joseph you do ? If you take a look at a lot of the claims for PIP on here and on a Fibromyalgia support site - FMAUK, the stories are unbelievable? Myself I have claimed for PIP due to my DLA ending after 30x years to make way for the new benefit (PIP,) I suffer from Fibromyalgia, Cervical Spondilosis, Coarctation of the Aorta, Angina, Severe Depression, Grand Mal Epilepsy (currently controlled,) Stress, Anxiety, High Blood Pressure, Wear hearing aids in both ears & COPD. I am currently starting my 4th or 5th claim (I've lost count to be honest?) After going through all the appeal hearings, tribunals etc! However there are a small few that are accepted, let's hope you are one of those eh? Good luck 😕

• Posted

Hi,

Unfortunately a good many claimants have done just that, and still have not been awarded this terrible replacement for dla.

It was supposed to be a fairer, non abuseable system, and for those who are awarded their correct benefits it obviously is.

You have fallen into the trap of listing all that is wrong with you, instead of how each of your ailments affect your daily life. As has been advised many times on this site, to get the best outcome for your claim you really need expert advice and days of preparation and Evidence of your ills to stand a fair chance of success.

Mike.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.