Waiting for scan results.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Why is there suddenly long delay in receiving results. I was told the results would take a week when I had scan done.?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

always delays! ive been waiting for particular bloods for ama and ana for 3 weeks! and thats an urgent referral for suspected cancers. no news is good news just remember that! always so hard to remain positive so i wont sit here and tell you not to worry because thats not what you want to hear. hope you hear the results soon, have you tried contacting your gp? x

• Posted

Thanks Ryan I have managed to get apmt to see GP in two weeks time. Funny thing is after calling results line at surgery I got email giving tips on how to cope with anxiety, not sure where who sent it. Why do hospitals advise you a one week wait?

• Posted

all depends really, your scan would be past to the radiologist who would write up the results and then pass them to your doctor and that its self can take a few days. I really wouldnt panic, its quite normal for results not to be given over the phone, simply to the fact that the receptionists are not trained. All i would say is, if anything has been picked up you would have already been called in. the gp would always follow up with you to decide what to do next, if the scan is clear they will go a different route depending on symptoms and circumstance. Dr google is pain in the backside so try your hardest not to google anything because it will raise anxiety levels. remain calm, work with your doctor! hope everything works out for you! these forums will always be here for you to let things out, that can relieve anxiety to! keep busy x

• Posted

Hi bridget 30190

After having a scan i have always had to call my surgery for the results approx a week later. As already mentioned contact your surgery just incase they already have your scan results....

• Posted

What country are you living in. In Great Britain, waiting times for tests and getting results can be long. Try phoning your doctor's surgery for further info.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.