Waiting on a operation o posterior and anterior walls and a thing

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm waiting on surgery and slightly anxious as to how sore it ois after it I'm having both walls fixed and sewing up my vagina vault to a muscle in back .I've been waiting so long four this over a year ad a bit now I'm getting the operation I'm over anxious ad wondering how it all works how long recovery is as well help please

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi hun

I am two weeks post op from an anterior and posterier repair complete with hysterpoxy. To be honest i am suprised at how well i feel! The first few days were the most painful but with painkillers i could manage it. I was dreading my first bowel movement but i had been given movicol to take plus a suppository and once i went it was much more comfortable.

I thought i would be led in bed but im up and about feel a bit tender every now and then today my back is hurting but i think thats due to being on the sofa for days!

Im too scared to look yet as my fear is the surgery failing but it feels so much better no bulge and i can wee and poo with no issue.

Good luck xx

• Posted

Hi weesue! Try not to get anxious. Be excited for the improvements it should bring! I've just had same procedures and am 4 weeks post op. I can honetly say ive not had much pain from op itself - more from my bad back! You may well manage just with patacetamol+ibuprofen so make sure you've got stocks in tho I was sent home with some from hospital. The main thing is to rest as much as possible for as long as possible -I was told I'd be tired but nothing prepared me for just how tired I felt in first few weeks. I've got 8 weeks off work with a phased return - I'm lucky they're very understanding! What's your situation? I'm 57 in UK and had on nhs. Planned overnight stay in hospital but was prepared for hiccups so then if everything goes smoothly it's a really nice surprises lol. Arrange to have help for as long as possible and def no lifting, pushing or pulling of anything over a few pounds and lots of lying or sitting. I took 5 min wslk outsude at 1 week and am up to 40 minutes most days now but try to listen to your body - there's no hard and fast rules to recovery. I'm a member of the APOPS facebook group and if you join that there's all sorts of useful info in the files section and great support and ideas from 78k women worldwide. Good luck! 😊 x

• Posted

Thanks so much yeah I'm very anxious but m new husband is very understanding so holding all goes of well .I'm not working as also got osteoporosis in back and hips so was a little worried but you've made me del a little better about it . I used to walk miles and four the last year can't do much so lost all my quality of life so hope this goes well and can do things again . ive also got bad ibs so hopeng i dont stress to much going to the toilet xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.