waiting on a pip change of circumstances

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have recently had my leg amputated and have had to change my circamstances on my pip. I was wondering if anyone knew how long it takes for a decision

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear this.

For PIP there's a rule that you must have had the condition for at least 3 months, has it been longer than this?

Expect another face 2 face assessment because most people have them, it's very rare to have a paper based assessment for PIP. The time it takes totally depends on backlog in your area and there's no time scales. Some wait a few weeks for assessments while other wait months.

If an assessment is needed then decision times vary too and can be anything from 2-8 weeks after assessment. There's no timescales for any decisions.

Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Denise I have been told that because I have been claiming pip for well over a year and my origenal illness contributed to me having my leg amputated  I will not have to wait 3 months. Thankyou 
  • Posted

Hi Craig, it's no consultation I know but I truly feel for you, I hope that you get your PIP reviewed up to full on both, your right things that produce drastics consequences are looked at without the 3 month agenda, I know because I had a major accident and it was looked at before the 3 months and thankfully I was awarded high on both.

Im sure your recieving plenty of support from family and friends but I hope your being given plenty of support from physio etc.

Will you be able to wear a prosthetic once it heals completely

• Posted

Hi I'm sorry for the late reply and I thank you for your kind words and infomation. I am coping really well and my family are a blessing my physio is a fantastic help and makes me feel at ease. My pip will sort its self and I will deal with whatever decision they choose. Once again thanks 

• Posted

That's exactly the right attitude to take, onwards and upwards because what you can't change you have to learn to live with and with a good support network around you nothing is impossible.

Take care and God Bless

• Posted

Hi Craig I rang on the 6th Nov last year and had home visit the last week in jan then decision took  around 6 weeks they said they usually take a bit longer for an unscheduled review ....good luck xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.