waiting on my son hearing from dwp for pip

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi im asking anyone knows how long takes pip with decision my son waiting over 2 weeks after face to face assesment.,

he 17 year old boy and goes to special needs school, gets additional support needs from his teacher. he gets picked up and dropped off school. he also suffers  dyslexia and suffers with social anxiety disorder . and this getting him worked up . how many points need get on pip also.. hi teacher said i should have been claiming since he started in 1st year for dla but i didn't know. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Karen,

I'm afraid there's no time scales for these decisions, as it all depends on the backlog in your area. Are you his appointee? If so then you can ring DWP and ask for a copy of the assessment report, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because mostly they go with that report.

Did you send in evidence to support his claim? Hopefully you did. It will be after Christmas or even the new year now that he'll have the decision but getting a copy of the assessment report will be a start. Ring tomorrow when they are open and ask for this.

2 weeks isn't really that long. I recently waited almost 6 weeks after my daughters assessment for PIP. Good luck and hopefully a decision will go in his favour.

• Posted

Hi Karen

As Denise said theres no hard and fast rule, does depend on where you live but lately there has been a strong push by DWP to clear this. It's likely to be a minimum of 4-6 weeks.

I got my award 5 weeks after the f2f.

As far as backdating your claim which is what I'm assuming you mean about should have been claiming sooner they won't accept ignorance of the rules as a basis for backdating I'm afraid.

Payments will be made from the date you called to make the claim, I actually got a payment into my account before I got my award letter.

Take care and hope you get good news.

Wendy xx

• Posted

thanks wend and denise i have had letter 2 weeks ago saying got all information they need . still not heard anything .. my son 17 years old and goes special needs school was the school said he she been getting dal when started high school 5 years ago .. try calling them see whats happening . 
    • Posted

Have you rang DWP to ask for a copy of the assessment report, like i adviced? This will tell you what the decison is likely to be, as they mostly go with that report.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.