Waiting on Oligoclonal Bands results

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm currently nervous awaiting for my test results for my oligoclonal bands. The test results are back and say waiting on the doctor's desk, but they won't tell me the results until the doctor has reviewed the results (god knows when they'll make time, I understand they are busy)

I may just be being a bit anxious, however do people know if this is normal procedure or if it's an inkling that something has come up positive?

Thank you!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Good luck with the results. My Dr. sent them by fax to my ex and I had to interpret them myself. Managed to decipher and still to this day the Dr never told me to my face that I have RRMS. 
  • Posted

Perhaps you could share where you are from as medical responses seem to vary from continent to continent.

In the USA, results are rarely shared even if negative on many tests...and certainly not until the Dr who ordered them reviews it. When you finally do meet with Dr find out how to get copy of report for your records.

Make an appt to see Dr about the results. Good luck.

• Posted

Silly me! I am UK based.

If I hadn't have rang my hospital I don't believe they would have got back to me as they had to pull out the results.

Thanks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.