Waiting on surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm 41 mother of 4 and have been suffering heavy periods and pain for as long as I can remember I've finally got the doctors to agree to full hystorectomy after having endometrial ablation last year that didn't work but I'm so scared it's unreal I'm not sure what to expect and reading online is scaring me even more any advice? Thanks xx

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Elaine,

Of course you are scared, I was too, it is only natural, I got to the point where I was about 2 days away form the op day and I wanted to cancel it, but I had cancer so had no choice really or I wouldn't be here 'chatting' to you now, after my op I didn't know what I was so worried about, I experienced no pain at all post op and the only discomfort I had was wind pains and the annoyingly 'infamous' swelly belly, I had mine done vaginally, how is yours going to be done?

The ladies on here got me through the fear so keep in touch we will help you through this.

Phoebe x

• Posted

Hi phoebe

Mine is being dine vaginally too obviously been told if anything happens that will change so fingers crossed nothing happens.... what about emotions etc I've seen so many things about crying non stop and I'm an emotional wreck anyway so this worries me lol ... and thank you the unknown is what's scaring me so glad I found this forum x

• Posted

Hi again, 

I didn't really suffer with emotions as I was quite a bit older than you are when I had mine done but I know a lot of younger ladies have found it hard emotionally, I had already gone through the menopause so losing all my 'bits' didn't really bother me, I'm sure some of the younger ladies on here will be able to offer you advice in that area.

Do you have a date for your surgery yet?

Phoebe x

• Posted

Hi again

Thank you for all your help my wee head is going overtime haha.

I don't have a date yet was only told on Thursday it was happening all the doctor said was next couple of months .x

• Posted

We are all here for you Elaine, as I said, the ladies I spoke to on here helped me enormously, I don't even remember how I found out about this forum but I am very glad that I did.

Take care

Phoebe x

• Posted

I remember 5 weeks ago being in your shoes and being terrified.  The doc only tells you so much   and the more I read online the more scared I became.

?Are you having a TAH or are you doing robotic?

?I went crazy trying to talk to everyone and gathering info, watching videos and buying crap everyone said I "might" need.

?First breath, as many others will tell you, it is all going to be ok.

Second..............it won't be easy the first few days after but given some time you will be happy you did it.

I am here to talk anytime you need!

Best of Luck

Cara

• Posted

Sorry cara I'm not sure what one is what I am having mine vaginally haven't got a clue about any of it at all just why it's happening...im glad that it is don't get me wrong just very scared. Thank you very much for your kind words I know it sounds crazy but didn't know things like this forum existed and No one I know has been through it

Xx

• Posted

I didn't know this forum was here either, my husband found it for me cause I was terrified, scared, anxious, crying all the time.  My hysterectomy was done laprocopically and robotically, I never had any pain, no complications other than a UTI from the cathedar.  I don't know why every doc does it different, this surgery although I was scared was very easy and I had almost no pain at all.

My suggestions would be get some stool softerner as some have issues moving their bowels after surgery, passing gas after surgery sometimes is not comfortable .  Some recommend a heating pad for discomfort, I am sorry I never needed anything so it is hard for me to offer to much advice on purchasing items.

Just be calm, before you know it will be over and you will be recovering.

Cara

• Posted

Thank you cara .. .I stumbled across forum whilst looking up things about what to expect probably not a great idea as it made me worry more 😣 thank you for the advice I'll make sure I get still softner in and I already have the heat pads been using them for so long for the pain . Think this wee forum is great lovely to see women supporting each other ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.