Waiting on urgent discectomy !

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi new to this and not sure if i am posting in the right place .I have a disc herniation at l5s1 and i am awaiting surgery on it .I am getting so fed up and think its getting worse .My doctor has me on lots of meds but i am still in pain so so so fed up at this stage .My question is how can i tell if its just the meds not working or i have indeed got worse .I had a couple of mri's 6 mths ago but i did not have pain in my legs just right sided pain in my lower back and hip so i was discharged and put down for review .I went for the review 2 mths after and at this time i had developed burning pain in my right leg and big toe.Now i have the same thing on my left side as the right .I am at my wits end cant work cant do anything sad

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Day 14 and I feel great ! Its been like ive been to hell and back .I am sleeping through the night and taking paracetamol and 75mg lyrica 2 x day for pain now only took 3 of the oxycontin didnt like how it made me feel so stopped.I never thought id get through this .Im walking normally again at last! Im still being very careful as I know it could happen again.So happy i had the op now.To top it all off my partner informed last night We are off to spain in 4 wks happy days !!
  • Posted

Well here I am again just got off the phone with my doctor she sent mr for an mri last thursday and the results are back .they are seeking an urgent appointment with the hospital looks like ive reherniated my l5s1 and also 3 others above.its not looking good at all she wants me to come in at 2pm to discuss it ..feeling so anxious now 😞

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.