Waiting patiently for a date for my second anterior repair

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello ladies,

Its been a long time since my last post. As some of you are aware my anterior repair failed after a couple of weeks back in April time last year. Its been the mist emotional time for me for many years as I just couldn't get my head around why it had not held

up. As some of you may know I did absolutely nothing for 6 weeks so who knows why. Anyway after seeing my new consultants nurse who works alongside him in surgery told me he is one ojojf the best in the country and very well respected in urogynacology. He told me he doesn't do just a generic repair he assesses what he has in front of him asnd works with that. I feel so much better now after such disapoo with the other consultant.

Anyway ladiez I'm just looking fgor some assurance really,as I know what's ahead of me. Take care everyone who is recovering, and tasks it easy. Lots of healing hugs to all. Xx

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Good luck, I had my op around the same time as you. I'm still having issues too. Really pleased you have a top surgeon, just reading on here there seems so many more success stories than any further issues. All the best and sending healing hugs xx

• Posted

Thankyou love. Yes of course there are more positive stories. I'm just one of the 40% that may fail.I don't think my tissues were that strong as I went through early menopause at age 44.but since my op I have been on vagifem to improve the tissues the best I can before my repair. Shame he didn't mention vagifem before surgery, thst would of been more beneficial to me lol. Onwards and upwards now and I look forward to spring and my new me. I hope you soirt out your issue's love.x

• Posted

Aww thanks.  I am loving vagifem, have recently gone on it too... such a shame they didn't recommend sooner!!! Good luck and let's know how you get on xxxx

• Posted

Hi Welshgirl,

I remember you, sorry things haven't gone well. I hope your next procedure goes well & is successful in all ways.

It's difficult to know what to do (I'm trying to decide when to have more surgery). I wish all women had to post their thoughts following surgery (anonymously of course!). then we would hear about the success stories too. Many women must be happy with the outcome but obviously don't feel the need to visit a site such as this.

Best wishes. X

• Posted

Thankyou love.. Yes this site is wonderful.. I am a worryer so sometimes the more I read the more I worry lol.x
    • Posted

You have to be careful, there is a lot of nonsense out there but it is better to be informed. That's what makes this forum so good. Whatever it is you are worrying about someone has been there before. X

• Posted

Yes love your quite right.there are lots of ladies who have been through this twice unfortunately but all we can do is stay positive and do as we are told. It sucks that its such s long recovery with being off work and not earning the money. That's an extra stress on top isnt it.

Feel more positive this Ti me as I have been highly recommended and my gut feeling is so strong that I'm with the right consultant.. Would be great if we could look into a crystal ball hey hun.whats your story hun?x

• Posted

Would like to ask also any lasdies out therte had there surgery at Singleton hospital in Swansea? Be lovely to hear from you.xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.