Waiting times in surgeries and on the phone and auto voice options

Posted , 4 users are following.

what do people think about waiting times when they need to visit their GP or the hospital?

What are peoples thoughts on either difficulty in getting through to NHS service call centre & the auto options & even when you finally speak to someone its the wrong person

please let me know all of your opinions

personally i think its ridiculous & demonstration of poor service & bad practice

Not to mention set painkillers you have to take before qualifying for out of hours seervice

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

When phoning up for an appointment I always try when they open up in the morning and normally get an appointment the same day. When booking for an appointment through the app. I normally have to wait for one at least a week later.

To get an out of hours appointment I always seem to get one the same day and easy to get to as it is my local hospital.

• Posted

Hi stephen

Arent you the lucky one . I very RARELY get an appointment the same day. 99.9% of the time I get & i quote " IM SORRY WE RE ALL BOOKED UP TODAY CAN YOU RING TOMORROW WHEN WE OPEN "

Is your surgery Peterloo surgery as well

as for the out of hours -to be fair I did get one on the same today but part of their qualification for such an out of hours appointment is bizzare -first it takes ages to get through & sent all the way round the houses before you finally get through & then they say

YU VE GOT TO TAKE IBUPROFEN, AT A CERTAIN HOUR, 4 HOURS LATER TAKE PARACETAMOL & 4 HOURS LATER COCODEMOL

IF YOU DONT TAKE THEM WE CANT GIVE YOU AN APPOINTMENT BECAUSE THERE ARE STRICT RULES

Its the most bizzare procedure I'vee ever known in the history of the NHS -

• Posted

Here in our part of the East of England we cannot get a doctors appointment without standing in a queue outside the Health Centre and if you are not there by 7.30am you will have no chance of an appointment. The doors open at 8.30am. If you are elderly & frail like my wife, who sufferes from vertigo, there is no way. So, we go to A & E at the nearest hospital 12 miles away. Not very satisfactory. Never see the same doctor......!

• Posted

I live in Leatherhead Surrey and yes I don't always see the same doctor. The main thing is that I can see a doctor quite easily as I suffer from osteoarthritis in my right knee and severe frozen shoulder in my left arm. Even though I have had an operation done on my shoulder I am still in extreme pain currently taking Tramadol so have to see them quite regularly to get more painkillers.

• Posted

thats ridiculous -thats definitely an example of NHS poor service & bad practice -Can you imagine if someone dies in the long queue

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.