Wake Up Every Hour! Exhausted! Palpitations, help!

Posted , 4 users are following.

8 years ago I was hospitalized at 22 with palpitations that came out of nowhere at 5AM. I had insomnia for almost 2 months. After I recovered it seems like my biological clock or my sleep has become really sensitive.

4 years ago went to sleep too early and it threw off my clock. This time I could fall asleep, but I'd wake up every hour or two hours, would still have vivid dreams, but would never feel rested.

Fast forward to this week and I had palpitations sunday morning around 10AM. I didn't over-panic this time because I'm quite used to them, but it was still a very stressful event. It was after a workout and I felt like I could pass out. My heart's been checked and I've always been fine.

I'm waking up every hour again though, maybe an hour and a half and if lucky two hours. But I feel like I'm not getting restful or restorative sleep. I'm exhausted most of the day on and off. My vision feels blurry but it's not. Eyes tired. I feel out of it, almost in a dreamy state. Have you had to stare at a computer for hours and when you take your eyes off of it you feel weird? That's kind of how my day feels. I have no problems falling asleep, just staying asleep.

The last two times I've corrected it on my own or just let it correct on it's own. But it takes a month and a half to two months.

Is there anyone who has experienced something similar and has a process that will speed up my internal clock to normal? And what is causing this? Any help is appreciated, thank you!

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Serequel will help ask the doctor about it 
    • Posted

Is it different than Ambien? Crazy thing, is when I took Ambien, I still woke up every two hours. And then when I tried to sleep without it, I had true insomnia where I couldn't fall asleep. This was 3 years ago though.

Ambien CR worked better, but I still remember feeling somewhat out of it until I was able to get a decent night rest without any meds.

• Posted

yes, medicines are of no use. Good thing is you are allowing your central nervous system to be settled on its own. 
  • Edited

Hi tpat30, i been having this problem for like 9 months now. i literally have the same exact symptoms as you, the eye tiredness/soreness, my eyes feel like they did a workout. Also i wake up every 4-5 hours from a dream, and then see pretty vivid dreams after that where im doing soo much activity in those dreams which i guess causes my brain to feel like crap. Before this 9 month period, when i was normal i use to rarely dream. I remember having this problem before like 2 years ago, but i dont remember what i did that made it go away, maybe i didnt put my mind to it. What has helped you becasue u mentioned u have had this problem before and you fixed it?

• Edited

Hows it going tpat30? Please respond back when you see this because really struggling with this problem right now!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.