Wake up feeling stiff and anxious!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Anybody wake up feeling like a stiff and aching old person? I have awful morning anxiety too, every morning. I used to get good and bad days but now it seems I get bad and less bad days! Oh and also woke to find Im having another period! Just 10 days after thd last one!

Thank goodness I can come here and offload. I feel so alone but thank god for my fellow ladies that understand where I'm coming from!

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Yes, I do wake every morning feeling stiff.  I had my last period 2 years ago now, I am 58 and have been going through horrible menopausal symptoms for the last 6 months. Mostly every day I ache whilst lying in bed, but once I get up the aches mostly go away, apart from ones in my thumb joints! Off for my second ultrasound appointment tomorrow to see if the stenographer can see my womb this time! Last time she tried six weeks ago, she said it was "sulking" and she couldn't find it to photograph!!! I can tell you that made me feel even more anxious. Where has my womb gone? It's up there somewhere!! 

Yes, it's so good to have this forum to talk to other ladies.....hope you stop aching soon, stay strong and keep talking xx

• Posted

Hello, I to, wake up feeling so stiff, and my general flexibility has decreased rapidly over the past 6 months or so. In addition I also get excruciating cramps in my calf muscles in the middle of the night, sometimes they are so bad I feel like my muscles are being torn. I drink loads of water all day long in the hope that it will help.

Have you tried pilates to help with stiffness? You have to keep at it though. When I do it regularly it does help, it’s also good for the mind.

Hope this helps a bit

• Posted

Hi Sarah,  Yes it is great to beable to voice problems!  I have bad anxiety which is especially painful in the morning , eases off a bit then hits me again at night ! I understand what you are going through ! Feel for you too x 

Do you take any medication to help ? Take care ! Stay strong!  Elaine xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.