Wake up with bloated stomach everyday

Posted , 5 users are following.

Over the past few months I have been dealing with significant bloating. It is painful and extremely uncomfortable. I spend most of my mornings releasing all the gas that seems to be causing the bloating.

I recently discovered that I am lactose intolerant and take a lactase enzyme before most meals.

It usually helps with the bloating and gas at the time but no matter I tend to wake up feeling like a blow fish. Could it be that the lactose pill is wearing off and it's the residual lactase causing the issues?

Lactose is in everything so I'm having a hard time cutting it out completely. Most of the dairy products I buy are lactose-free.

Could there be something else going on?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I would go dairy free for a while. there are lots of vegan and dairy free foods now. a million different milk alternatives, lots of dairy free cheeses and chocolate. I would do a month trial of dairy free and see if you get improvement. I have been dairy free my whole life, due to allergies and never has it been easier to find alternatives. all vegan is milk free. try and see how you feel

• Posted

Have you had a lot of stress in your life lately. I have IBS and that also causes bloating and gas. I have been waking up very uncomfortable the past year. Hope you feel better.

• Posted

Have you spoken to your doctor about this? You will be able to get your questions answered by your doctor. In the meantime, exclude all dairy from your diet to see if that makes a difference.

• Posted

There are lactose free dairy products like Arla and I think Waitrose do their own brand too. So you can get milk, yoghurt, a spread for your bread and cheese. There are recipes which teach you how to cook things quickly from scratch, I know a lot of ready made things have lactose in, but a lot of stuff can be made up quite quickly with raw ingredients that you can substitute cheese or milk with lactose free versions. Google quick and easy recipes.

As well as dairy, sugar and alcohol can bloat you really bad as well. White wine and champagne and everything from fruit to puddings and sweets can have a real affect on bloating. Keep an eye on what you are eating/drinking and when you get bloated to see if there is a link. Certain fruits really bloat me like mango so watch out for things like that. Also alverine has been a lifesaver for me, I don't always eat the perfect diet and like to indulge in certain fruits, dairy and alcohol sometimes but if do and I get affected, alverine always gets rid of my bloating within a few hours. I also take deflatine if it is really bad.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.