Waking daily with nausea

Posted , 5 users are following.

had anxiety turned into some depression. All anti deps tried make nausea much worse.  Cant abide it.  Why do i go to bed feeling ok, take a diazepam. Then wake with horrendous nausea?  Could the diazepam be causing it? Or is it just symptom of anxiety.  Ssome mornings its not bad but agitation can be there.  So many things causing me to feel ill.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Diazepam can cause nausea and so can anxiety.  Maybe try distraction techniques for your anxiety instead such as light exercise and concentrate on your hobbies.  Ask your doctor about CBT.
    • Posted

Yes had cbt, not much effect, felt good coming out but next day back to problem.  Hobbies are very slow just now.   Bit of gardening helps definitely, and talking to friends and neighbours. Want to try to ditch diaz slowly, on 5mg. Night and 2mg day.  Not managing without.  Wonder if theres a derox facility or if ashton manual is way to go.
    • Posted

You will need to be patient with CBT; good results are cumulative.  The improvements will not be immediate. You will have ups and downs.  Try to practise the techniques you are given at your CBT every day, especially when you feel anxious.  It will eventually help!  Stick to gardening and talking to friends and neighbours since you have having improvements with that.  Focus on the times when you are feeling good and gradually you will have more good days than bad days.  Keep telling yourself that things will get better and they will. Don’t worry about having setbacks; this will happen. Take it slowly.  Gradually try take less diazepam every day, coming off them slowly is the way to go; that too will be a gradual process.  Try that first.  If you still have problems; ask your doctor’s advice.
  • Posted

My two favorites are baking soda in a glass of water and saltines. Will help alkaline your system. I use am and pm. 
  • Posted

As far as diazepam break into smaller pieces and start with 1/2 or 2/3 of dose to see if you can still function on less. Of course your doctor should be told   
  • Posted

Diazepam is used to treat anxiety, alcohol withdrawal, and seizures. It is a medication works by calming the brain and nerves.  It would not be the cause of nausea. You need to make calm yourself. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.