Waking in the night with odd sensations

Posted , 15 users are following.

its been about 3 months since this last happened! i fell asleep tonight about 11 and woke again about an hour later having odd sensations and feeling very anxious. its horrible. Does anyone else have this? Im sitting in bed now feeling exhausted but cannot get back to sleep

5 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

very very often for me .. i hate it...especially when the heart pounds from the anxiety 😦

• Posted

It's 3:45am, which has become my new "wake up" time. It is like clockwork every morning, I wake up to a pounding heart and anxiety. Not fun...at all.

• Posted

It really is the worst. How is anyone supposed to function normally during the day?!?!

• Posted

Hi Paula

You will get use to this as this has been very common with me throughout the menopause. You almost cannot explain it as there is so many sensations going on.

There is no word to describe how you feel and when you are relaxed and sleep that the gremlins comes out to play and take over. It is exhausting and when it is new, very scary.

strange have had low sugar levels leaving me feeling faint. Tingling, anxiety, heart palpitations, strange feelings in my head and all over my body, Inner feelings I cannot explain and the list goes on.

Google to 66 symptoms of menapause from this site. You are not alone girl. It will calm down as right now your body is in the throws of change.

Hope this helps

CK

• Posted

Yes, has become very common with me. I hate it....waking up afraid of ....being afraid.

• Posted

Hi Paula,

You're not alone. I fell asleep last night at 7:00 and woke up at 9:00pm and from there my hellish night began. All night I suffered with Night Sweats combined with Hot Flashes. At night I have the heat set to 55 with a fan next to my bed and I switch out Ice Packs every two hours. The hot flashes and sweats didn't stop until 7:30 this morning. Of course anxiety comes with it, then I find myself crying and begging God to make it stop. I've decided to Start BHRT treatment and yesterday I ordered DIM off AMAZON and Progesterone Cream. My BHRT appointment isn't until Dec. 14th but will call and ask to be seen sooner. This is my last resort, seeing how I have tried every medication and supplement, still nothing helps. I'm full blown Peri and have been going through this for a year 1/2 now. If the BHRT treatment doesn't work then I'm out of options. My Peri menopause has ruined my life and has drained my bank account. Something has to give. Right now I'm praying that I can make it into work tomorrow. Of course we all know it will pass but in the mean time we have jobs, families to care for, etc. Again, something has to give. Hope you find some relief soon. Take Care

• Posted

Your not alone I promise. Lately I've spent at least 1 night a week on the sofa, I wake to the feeling your describing and can't get back to sleep, so I end up on sofa so as not to wake my husband. I usually watch tv and prop myself up slightly. Eventually I'll drop off. Even a couple of hours sleep is better than nothing.

• Posted

ok ladies... lets see what tomorrow morning holds..... if im awake again at 3:30 ... sitting in my rocking chair ( so i dont wake my sleeping husband as i toss and turn).... im going to post something... lol.... not sure what though! im on Texas time so if anyone is awake we can chat!! 😃

hugs to you all and i pray for all a great peaceful night sleep!!! muah!!!

• Posted

haha, I have exact the same sensations, wake up 3:20 am, and open my eyes to 5:30 am and start to dream my old grandma and grandpa. Thank my grandparents let me have an another short nap to 7:00 am. And also thank my boss let me get up to work. What happen at 3:20 am is my heart pounds like a drum, my sweating like my head is raining, and the acid comes out from my stomach to my esophagus, my mouth is dry and burning, my throat sore kills me. The balloon is inside my throat. I can't remember what else, I have to experience. At beginning I was so scary, now even my GP gives me up. He says you have symptoms, but you do not have a disease. So I have to give up the doctor who gives me up. I am trying to my mediation with Buddha music, which helps a lot. My Buddha can save me!

• Posted

Sometimes I wake up with my legs tingling like an adrenaline rush through them. Most nights now when I wake up it feels like someone is flipping a switch and turning my body off and on. Sometimes my left hand kind of feels like it went to sleep but it's not quite the same feeling. I was convinced I was dying for a while until I found this forum. It's a little better now that I'm not so freaked out about it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.