Waking up from sound sleep with extremely fast and powerful heartbeat

Posted , 25 users are following.

Ladies I Have had two episodes in the last week that scared me to death. I wake up in the early morning from a sound sleep with an extremely fast and powerful heart rate that lasts for about a minute. This is a new symptom that has me very scared I'm going to have a heart attack. Have any of you ladies suffered with this??

Debbie ❤️

1 like, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

This also started for me in jan woke up pounding heart sweating dizzy and feeling really ill thought i was having a heat attack rang 999 but all was fine with heart but bp was 118/180 slowly settled to 107/160 but i do have high bp got told 2 wks later after it kept happening i had peri menopausal anxiety and had 8 wks off work getting use to it now(sort of) and back work but still makes you panic when it comes out of the blue but i just tell myself its not turned into any serious before so just calm my breathing and try to chill i just get back into bed and watch tv then find i fall back sleep for a while but know how you feel its horrid but all part and parcel of this crap they call the menopause big hugs xx

• Posted

I've had this and have worked out that if I'm in a deep sleep and I must be dreaming I think I may be snoring and it's a form of sleep apnea(not sure how it's spelt)) I cut my breathing off and I also have a thumping headache for a wee while.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.