Waking up heart racing, stomach in uproar and arms and chest feel numb.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi ladies

I've had my share of post menopause symptoms. They come and go like most of you.

Too many to mention.

I'm now experiencing again what I did on the onset of menopause.

I call it my night terrors (this is not to say that I'm fine all day-it's a challenge to say the least)

I am again waking up (anywhere between 12 and 5 am) with my heart racing ,my stomach is in an uproar and hurts, nausea, shortness of breath, my arms and chest feel numb/tingly (sometimes its my whole body), and my entire body is shaking. ( I think I've listed everything!!)

Some mornings I wake up feeling like this ( i have to get up at 5am) and just push through it and get in the shower and get ready for work. It leaves me achy always and dealing with changing stomach issues the rest of my days! I go from feeling something under my rib cage, pressure, terrible bloating and nausea. a constant feeling of having a balloon in my stomach that also goes up to my throat.

As I'm typing this I'm so incredibly nauseous, body hurts, feeling of something in my throat and my arm muscles are burning from fatigue just from typing!

Soooooo , all that being said, is anyone else dealing with any if this. I'm around 7 years into this!! I'm 57

Just want to live a quiet life and get what I need to get done done without struggling to do it and feeling like something is terribly wrong.

I've scheduled my doctors appointment to get my yearly bloodwork taken and after that will schedule another endoscopy (had one 2 years ago) and colonoscopy.

Interested in any input and thank you ahead of time!

This forum has helped my from the beginning of my journey and I continue to come back for support.

Never disappoints!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.