Waking up nervous

Posted , 7 users are following.

does anyone else with anxiety wake up nervous afraid of what the day holds? its only so often it happens to me, usually on the weekends when i dont have anything to look forward to... my anxiety still likes to trick me into thinking something is wrong with me or that something bad is going to happen or it has me question if things are real.. its such a horrible feeling.. can anyone relate?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Yes everyday. i am taking magnesium,it helps slightly.

• Posted

Yes everyday. i am taking magnesium,it helps slightly.

• Posted

can i ask what magnesium you take?

• Posted

T hey are magnesium tablets from Holland and Barret

• Posted

I get this now and again when my anxiety is at its worst... usually I get down and depressed when I'm off work strangely enough.

• Posted

i understand...i wake up with anxiety and wonder if i will be this way forever...it is challenging and scary ....you are not alone

• Posted

Yes I have hotness and rapid heart beats as soon as i wake up, carnt face the days at all, then get very tired quickly as soon as iwake up

• Posted

its a battle... talking helps... we all have to find the best coping strategies to help us

• Posted

I tend to suffer with this.

However, if kept busy, it tends to dissipate during the day. Generally, my anxiety plays up more during the night or when i wake, to the point where if i am disturbed during the night (my child waking up crying for example) it'll trigger an anxiety attack most of the time.

Even in the morning, i will feel exhausted (no matter how many hours sleep I had) but anxious at the same time with an overwhelming feeling of dread that i cant shake off.

• Posted

yes i know exactky what you mean. even the thought of the simplest tasks fill me with nerves. i have had medication twice in the past for my anxiety and it was brilliant. but last time i beat it on my own after a couple of weeks but a sudden death in the family has triggered my anxiety again and im waking up sick to my stomach. it tends to die down towards the end of the day. at the moment im feeling pretty terrible up intil about 4 ish. just hoping i can get through this again without meds!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.