Waking up sick

Posted , 7 users are following.

Has anyone else had periods of time when they just woke up feeling sick? I have been waking up with awful stomach pain and nausea for the past two weeks (I'm not sexually active so I'm not pregnant). It is becoming so debiliatating because I cannot eat in the morning. The feelings go away after I am awake for a few hours, and my doctor told me that my symptoms are most likely from anxiety. I just moved into a basement so I have been obsessing over mold health issues. I don't know what to do to feel better. I am already seeing a therapist.

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

That's was one of the first anxiety symptoms I had it passes after about 8 weeks.

I still get it occasionally

Lil

• Posted

Same here I thought it was just me I just started new Meds so I think that's why

• Posted

Google gastritis. It sounds like the same thing I have. Zantac helps me.
    • Posted

Sometimes it does. I try to keep something on my stomach to keep the acid down. I don't have an appetite until usually after 5 or later in the day. I take Zantac 150mg at bedtime and 2 hours after I take my medicine in the morning. I'm considering taking pantoprazole because it's stronger. I hurt on my left side around my ribs sometimes.
  • Posted

Could be some stomach condition, like someone else said, i had gastitis caused by gerd acid reflux and when sleeping can cause nausea in the mornings especially if had fatty foods the night before x
  • Posted

You can buy kits at the hardware store too test the air in the basementtry spending the night somewhere else to see if you wake up with the same symptomsopen the windows and get all fresh air in the basementor maybe it is just something you ate
    • Posted

Test the humidity also. Make sure you are getting enough vitamin d or sunlight
  • Posted

Hi Danadanielle,

I was suffering from Health anxiety for 4 months before I seeked help.

Those 4 months were terrible! I was nauseous 24/7, couldn't go anywhere without a bucket, I would vomit 3-4 times a day, no appetite at all, heart pulpitations, no sleep, mornings were the worst!

This all started after a simple operation that had complications and ended up in hospital for a week! Prior to that, I had no mental illness at all.

I went on anti-depressants, changed my diet, seen a phychologist, practiced cbt and after a month, all my symptoms had dissapeared. Don't get me wrong, there is still a lot of work I need to do as I still experience the occasional anxiety attack when I get a new symotom but I have alot more good days than bad!

All I can say is that it gets better and don't be affraid to seek help or medication, it saved my life!

• Posted

The first couple of weeks wete terrible when I first started anti-depressants. It made all my symptoms 10x worse and almost gave up on them.

I hung on and after a few weeks, I started to feel better. Symptoms became less and less and now after 7 weeks, I feel normal... most days 😊

Give it time and make sure you see the doctor regularly. Also keep off google! I had the problem of googling side effects of medication and I would manifest them. The brain does some crazy things!!!

• Posted

I forgot to add, the doctor thought I had gastritis originally until I got a gastroscopy and colonoscopy and all came back clear. I realised then it was all due to anxiety.
    • Posted

I was the same gp referred me to a gastro doc 

I had a ct scan and endoscope all came back clear

and it was anxiety

Lil

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.