Waking up with heart palpitations and fatigue

Posted , 8 users are following.

Anyone wakes up with heart palpitations and a fatigue that's out of this world? My body feel so fatigue and weak and my legs are so weak especially when I first wake up. I am so weak in the knees are while lying down. Could this be due to poor circulation? Not to mention the mental side of it, the anxiety when waking is awful too.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Mary, I have all if what you mention. It's awful. I think the anxiety upon awakening is the worst. Do you get any inner body trembling like feeling or weakness in your arms and hands or shaky hands? I have this too. Saw several neurologists and nothing. Menopause can be so perplexing and frustrating!

• Posted

Hi .. Yes .. empathise with you .

See your GP and ask for Propananol and take 2 as soon as you wake up - amazing meds - should help you - and within half an hour or so you should notice a difference .

.. it helps me so much .. Menopause can be really debilitating and can turn you upside down . Are you on HRT ?

• Posted

Isn't that for high blood pressure? I think I already have that prescription but I dont like to take meds . I took it before and I had issues..i try to use natural remedies before meds but thanks for suggesting it.

• Posted

Propananol or metoprolol are medications made for adrenaline surges, high heart rate, graves disease, thyroiditis, and anxiety. Doctors use Propananol and metoprolol for high blood pressure, but that was not what they were first made for. If your resting heart rate goes real high and stays high than you might need one of them. Also they will block adrenaline and will help with adrenaline anxiety. Here is a warning that doctors will not tell you, if you have adrenaline anxiety and start one of these medications then plan on taking it the rest of your life. Because every time you try to come off it your adrenaline and anxiety will go so high that you might not be able to handle it. Most people with high adrenaline have serious problems trying to come off these medications. However they do help with graves disease or thyroiditis and they could save your life if you ever have a thyroid or adrenaline storm.

• Posted

hello

i was put on propanalol and it gave me s tight chest and breathlessness i got off it as soon as i could but those symptoms keep reoccurring, and it makes me extremely anxious. these symptoms are the physical symptoms of anxiety so it is a vicious circle.

• Posted

I have high adrenalin and I've tried it before. I don't think it's best for me. Im just skeptical about taking meds.. Im very sensitive to things. Yesterday I picked up a homeopathic drops from my nutritionist that helped me in the past and already my heart palps are pretty much gone.

• Posted

I understand I have study and used homeopathic medicine for 30 years. That is and will always be my first choice. I have study MCS, MCAS, Dysautonomia, Pots and Ehlers-Danlos syndrome for over 30 years so I know and I understand very, very, very, sensitive people.

• Posted

i also take propranolol 10mg 3 x a day been taking it for a yr i'm 7yrs post don't take hrt

• Posted

ihello

i have palpations on and off, sometimes wake up with them, also tight chest and breathlessness. Apparently its a common thing and my doctor says its just anxiety.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.