Walk in shower

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi all 

Im not asking for myself

does anybody know if you get any points with Pip if you hav a walk in shower?

someone I asked said no, just asking for second opinion

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I don't think so Nicolette. I have a wet room and on my PIP report it said in brackets next to 'has a wet room' (not considered). I assume that's what it means.

Hope this helps

• Posted

SORRY!!!! I have just re-read your question and I don't know what I was reading but read  it all wrong lol, I got points for help and I have a wet room

• Posted

Hi, you need to be assessed to get a walk in shower with. A chair , that means the person is disabled ,so yes it does help just when he or she they have to say they have a walk in shower but if it's for disabled because they may check with the social services 

• Posted

Yeah thanks I know someone who wants to apply but didn't understand the shower question and I've only got a bath with a shower.

I think I know now that you answer the question as if you didn't have a wet room or walk in shower and had to use an unadapted bath or shower.

• Posted

Yes they would want to see the assessment report.

A wet room/walk in shower to some people is a must have - nothing to do with being disabled - just one of those modern conveniences.

• Posted

Just found this in the PIP assessment guide for HPs

This activity considers a claimant’s ability to wash and bathe.

‘Washing’ means cleaning ones whole body, including removing dirt and sweat.

‘Bathing’ means getting into and out of either a standard bath or shower. Shower includes shower attachments for a bath.

For the purposes of this activity, wet-rooms are not a consideration either in the context of a standard bathroom or as an aid or appliance. 

I would imagine a walk in shower falls under the same 

• Posted

Just found this in the PIP assessment guide for HPs

This activity considers a claimant’s ability to wash and bathe. 

‘Washing’ means cleaning ones whole body, including removing dirt and sweat. 

‘Bathing’ means getting into and out of either a standard bath or shower. Shower includes shower attachments for a bath. 

For the purposes of this activity, wet-rooms are not a consideration either in the context of a standard bathroom or as an aid or appliance. 

?I would imagine a walk in shower falls under the same 

• Posted

Yeah so you would be scored on , if you could get in and out of a bath and if you needed help even though you didn't have a bath/shower it would be like an hypothetical question and they would go on your answer to that.

You would tell them the help you would need if you didn't have a wet room.

I think I meant a wet room in the first place It's a shower for disabled with a seat an all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.