Walk in the forest

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all

As some of you guys know I am now 14 weeks post op. Back to work on Friday. Today me my wife and our 3 hiperactive grandchildren went walking through the woods. We walked for 1 and half hours up hill over trees through mud puddles the lot. My knee was perfect no pain what so ever. Now chilling with a well deserved alcoholic beverage. So all of you guys that have just had a tkr done or only a few weeks in hang on in there do your exercise and you to will be doing this as well. Good luck to you all 😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

4 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

That's wonderful that you achieved a long tedious walk, well done you. Gives me positive feeling for my soon to be TKR and recovery in time, I've been told how important the exercises are so hope I can get through this as you have.
    • Posted

Thank you. Make sure as well you use your ice pack as often as you like it's a God send especially after your physio. Even though may feel you don't need your Meds it's all part of the healing process. Listen to your body. You and only you will know when it's time to stop them. Be prepared for sleep deprivation but sleep when you can. Again it helps as part of the healing process you may feel that sleeping in bed is difficult. If your comfy on your soda then go with. It's not forever....
    • Posted

Oh thank you for the advice. It's greatly appreciated. I'm not expecting a walk in the park but that all helps. Continued success in your recovery. 😊
  • Posted

Great to hear! Isn't it WONDERFUL to be able to enjoy life again without all that pain?!!!

Here's to many more fun times for you and your family!

• Posted

As someone waiting for tkr I can only imagine how wonderful it was to walk with your spouse and grandchildren, it sounds like bliss. Let's hope everyone else can soon do the same!
    • Posted

It's fantastic. You will soon be doing the same. Good luck and keep posting us with your progress once you have had yours done. Take care...
  • Posted

Thats fantastic! So reasuring to hear thank you so much for sharing this it really helps! Well done!
    • Posted

Your very welcome Debbie. We are all on the post to help each other and it has helped me so much so it's just nice to pass it on.

• Posted

Hi Kim

That is so reasurring to hear. I am so looking forward to getting out walking, that is what i have really missed getting out with my dog and husband, (I've no grandkids yet!!! ha ha still ahead of me) I haven't walked more than a few feet for nearly a year. Had TKR five weeks ago, walked 1/2 mile today and 15 mins on bike, so this am feeling goo today...onwards and upwards an those muddy park wlaks will soon be mine too.

Well done. smile

• Posted

Whilst I cannot walk far. I can go far on the arm of my daughter.Β  Hang on to that husband of yours, literally x
    • Posted

I will, he has been brilliant, doing everything and won't let me go out walking yet on my own. Soon will. It's just great to be on this side of op now getting stronger daily. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.