Walking boot dilemma

Posted , 3 users are following.

Had the walking boot for a week.

Broken ankle doctor said it's healed but they want me to wear the boot for 3 weeks so I have 2 more weeks to go. I'm really struggling to go out alone tho has anyone else had this will I have to have the boot longer if I don't go out more or can I get by for the next few weeks walking around inside.

I go out if I'm driven and will walk to my destination from the car but I can go out and walk down the road or get on a bus.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I once had a problem with my foot when I had to wear a special shoe. (like a boot)  I  wore it for a while and I wore it to work!  I can't remember if I drove with it on. Probably not. But keep wearing it until you can take it off.  

• Posted

Hi Lisa sounds as if your doing great. I have had boot for a week now and still have 3weeks to go. Still not able to walk without crutches. Consultant told me I could walk on foot but didn't really say how much weight I can put on it. And I forgot to email. So ad precaution I'm only putting ad much as I can stand until I go back. But if you can walk to bus I think that's great. Sx

• Posted

That was ment to say can't walk down the road or get on a bus.

I feel like I'm not getting any where just walking around at home. I'm using the crutches as I don't think I'll b able to use the boot without it I'm really struggling with the boot

• Posted

Oh.... I'm struggling too, but getting better every day.. But have to make sure my foot isn't dwn and in boot for too long as it swells and pain is really bad. It's been that bad that I have had to go back to ice pack and haven't had to do that since I was in hospital 7weeks ago. Seems that I go one step forward. 2 back!! There's no way I could walk far using the crutches as I'm not that good on them. So I would say that everything your experiencing lisa us normal. Just hang on in there.. We will get there. But do think it's not going to be a easy ride. Sx

• Posted

My swelling isn't major and I don't really have any pain I have the boot on a lot of the day walking around in the house

• Posted

I've tried to leave it on. Lo get during the day, but it's too sore to have on for too long plus the swelling is bad. Feels like I've gone backwards. 9 weeks dwn and thought it would get easier. 😢

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.