Walking boot is off after 3 weeks and doctor said I can Walk on it but its painful

Posted , 5 users are following.

on November 1st, marked 3 weeks of Breaking my Ankle in 2 Spots, the Lateral Malleolus and Medial Malleolus. Doctor told me he would recommend A Normal shoe and Walking Would be the Best therapy for my ankle! Counting today Mark's 4 Days of walking without any assistance, (other than in the AM, seems harder to Walk in the a.m. without crutches) I was Walking through a store and all of a sudden a sharp pain happened. I do walk slightly funky, It seems so hard to find the Right "position" to Walk. I tend to put more weight on my Heel when I do step, which is starting to shoot pains up my leg. Does anyone have any advice on How to Help placement of the foot When walking?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Thats a good question thats what I would like advice on too because mines is the same way. Its like I have to be in a certain position in order to walk right or it not to hurt...

• Posted

hi ive just broken my tibia 3 weeks ago in spain while on holiday came back had an operation to pin it and plate it 2weeks ago mine feels great no pain at all ive been walking round the house in the cast go back today to have my stiches out and xray going to see if i can have a boot on coz sick of this cast coz i can walk with no pain

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.