Walking down the stairs

Posted , 2 users are following.

10 months since my awful sprain and it still hurts when I'm climbing down the stairs. I can't put enough body weight on the injured leg. Going up is almost no problem. So how much time does it usually take to get normal? My doc said I'll have to deal with it forever. 😦

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Well, 

I hate to say this, but you just might be unless physical therapy heps to get it stronger. I broke mine a year ago, February the 2nd and it still is stiff and sore and swelling. I'm sorry to hear that just a sprain is causing you the same kind of aggravation.

• Posted

Well when there's a sever sprain, ligaments get torn. Most docs have said sprains take way longer than heal than fractures; 😦

• Posted

I will say i am getting used to dealing with it somewhat. My equilibrium is still off though. I find myself loosing my balance a lot of times.

• Posted

standing on the injured leg and balancing helped me with that somewhat

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.