Walking shoes after Rectocele surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

I know this might be a non urgent comment or question but just wanted to share it . I havent done a lot of walking after my surgery as I was pretty down and out for 3 weeks after severe chest infection and infection in the surgery area. Its summer here is Australia so have just been wearing my Masseur Massage scuff type sandals for my walks . They have the stimulating nodules so I just felt okay walking with them on and didn’t really give them a second thought until I read some information about walking after prolapse surgery last night. They said you shouldn’t wear scuff things and where proper walking shoes with cushioning. so now I feel like I’ve been doing something wrong for these last couple of weeks doing more walking . I’m 7 weeks into my prolapse surgery recovery. do you think I’ve upset anything by walking with these things? . I know that when you walk with those type of sandals you have to grab your toes and your muscles have to work harder it’s probably more of a bit of a strain on the pelvic floor I realise that i’m just hoping I didn’t damage anything.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have read, and my PT also said, that you'll feel if you're over-doing it. If you're feeling okay and are giving yourself a break if you get the "heavy" feeling, I think you're alright. Realistically, walking in sandals without good support is bad for all sorts of things, but doing basic walking around shouldn't cause long-term damage on your

• Posted

Thanks Rammia for your reply .

yeah I suppose we should just use our common sense really lol ! I drove to our river a couple of timed to just sit in the car with my take away coffee but then decided to go for the walks because it was so nice ..so next time I'll definitely take my proper walking shoes !

• Posted

hi there I do a lot of walking and use barefoot type shoes where your toes do more work. If you are used to these type if shoes I don't see why they would have overworked the pelvic area. Surely it's more important they support good posture and aren't ones that could cause a trip. I have not read anything in uk which specifies type of shoe when recovering from surgery, am just using whatever I have. The shoes you describe will work your toes and calf muscles more so don't worry

• Posted

Thats good to hear then Helen .. it puts my mind at ease as well .

Yeah I always feel that the massuer shoes give my calves a good workout !

Thanks for your comment

• Posted

I am in the United States and my surgeon or nurse never mentioned the type of shoes/sandals that should be worn only encouraged walking. I am 8 weeks out now and surely did a lot of walking after 4 weeks or so and I have had no issues. I a so very sorry you had to go through the pain of infections, it is hard enough healing without complications. I pray the rest of your recovery goes smooth. I honestly don't think you have done any damage, long or short term.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.