Want off this and back on sertraline!!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I first started on sertraline and was up to 100 mg a day for depression and anxiety. Then my pain management doctor had me switch from that to duloxetine for the  same plus chronic pain. I am now on 60 mg a day. I made the switch pretty seamlessly. I went down to 50 mg of sertraline and then stop that and went to 30 mg. Now I am so unhappy. My pain is still there, I keep gaining weight, my belly is so bloated,  my sleep is terrible, and I am so emotional. I want to get off of this and switch back to Zoloft. I wonder if I can do that same seamless transition back. My pain management doctor is willing to drop me back down to 30 mg for a few weeks but I’m not sure if after that  if I can stop that and resume 50 mg of Zoloft. Has anyone here done that?  I gained weight also on sertaline but I don’t eat as much on the Cymbalta and I’m still gaining and so bloated.  I’m already super self conscious so this is messing me up even more.  

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I thought it was just me but the bloating is terrible and I look like a football 
    • Posted

I know.  I absolutely hate it.  I am waiting for my pain doc to send my 30 mg tablets to the pharmacy so I can start tapering.  My primary doc said I could do the 30 mg for a week and then switch directly back over to Zoloft.  I was much happier on that med.  I hope I still get out of it what I did before I switched!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.