WANT TO BREAK FREE

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all this is my 3rd post i think. So i have been diagnost with a hertial hernia and GERD. Ok since then my anxiety has flared up very high.

Every pain is not a pain anymore it is a serious thing. I have sinus also, heavy sinus, Im from Cape Town and it is has been very windy lately. Now my sinus is also flared. With that comes everything you can think of that sinus produce. Every sore throat is not a sore throat anymore to me in my mind it is acid burning away my throat. I have been eating right lately since even before i was diagnosed with GERD, I had an gastroscopy to confirm that.

I am talking to a psychologist,  going to my third visit on the week. I have been to a dietician last week just to get some more info on what i should eat and not to eat because im scared of eating and due to that i have been losing weight, and that also freaked me out completely.

I have a girlfriend and when I talk to her about these problems my throat hurts or this hurts or that hurts, she tells me tat she is fed up with all this complaining, why am i always complaning about things. She is also getting depressed about my things she said.

I know i have anxiety or mostly health anxiety, i wasn't like this i was a cool and no worried guy. Lately i am on edge alot, my thoughts are very negative, I go to the doctor for everything, every little pain i am in his office. I went for a B12 shot must still go for my last one in the week.

I emailed my psycologist just to ask if hypnosis will work on me and if she can do it, I hope she can.

I don't want to be like this anymore, Im a student and my finals is starting this week, even as I am typing this my hands are shaking.

Will I ever be myself again, the doctor said I will, but to me it feels like oh what the hell this is your life from now on.

I bought myself all this new stuff bigger tv, couches, xbox but i don't enjoy it as I thought I would, I dont go out anymore, I dwell on my negative thoughts, it feels like when one thing ends then im looking for something else to worry about.

Im so sorry for this long message, and thank you to anyone who takes the time to read it and respond to me.

I just want to say lastly, my doc gave me serdep 50  ididnt drink it, yet, he also gave me stresam 50, it calms me down a bit but i drink it at night so i mostly sleep it off but the next day i feel again anxious.

Is there any medication that you guys on this forum use that may help, I read about this pill Paxil, does anyone use it?

thank ypu

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear this. I suffer from health anxiety also.. You just gotta push threw it. It will get better. I take Prozac and ativan both work well for me.. Get on you tube and listen to meditation music and there's one on the for hypnotherapy it helps.. Good luck to you 
  • Posted

CBT or Mindfullness CBT would help you loads, but take the meds as prescribed. 

Set yourself a target that if you feel a pain, ache or twinge you will write down what you think it might be and on a percentage scale how convinced you are (eg 85%) then just try to not worry too much about it for 1hr and agree to go back to it and decide again whether the percentage has changed. 

try also to delay phoning for an appointment for a day but promise yourself that if you feel the same you will ring.

your GP needs to be treating your health anxiety whilst allaying your health fears.

• Posted

I'm the same, I don't talk to my partner anymore about it as don't want to annoy him. I'm in the doctors office most days too, I'm seeing a psychiatrist at the mo, got my third appointment this week 
  • Posted

CBT or Mindfullness CBT would help you loads, but take the meds as prescribed. 

Set yourself a target that if you feel a pain, ache or twinge you will write down what you think it might be and on a percentage scale how convinced you are (eg 85%) then just try to not worry too much about it for 1hr and agree to go back to it and decide again whether the percentage has changed. 

try also to delay phoning for an appointment for a day but promise yourself that if you feel the same you will ring.

your GP needs to be treating your health anxiety whilst allaying your health fears.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.