Want to go from 5mg escritalopram to 10, but have a question

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've been on 5mg for eight days and want to go up to my target goal of 10mg, but am still feeling side effect of slight nausea every evening with the 5mg.  Do you have to have no more side effects from current dose to move on to larger dose?  Also, thought I'd ease into it by cutting tablets and trying 7.5 mg for a few days first. I'd be grateful for any advice I can get!

0 likes, 64 replies

64 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Diana, Most people start on 10mg and go up to 20mg after a couple of weeks. I've had no side effects from esitalo at all and I know 2 other people taking it with no side effects. I can't encourage you enough to see your doctor about this. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.