Want to have sex with my husband but i am scared

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi!

I have been diagnosed with hsv1 7 weeks ago...on my genitals.

I probably got it from my husband who has cold sores...we don't even kiss when he has it but i guess this nasty virus found its way...

Now, i'm horny but i am super scared of having sex...i'm afraid that it's going to bring back the sores! Also, it is gonna sound stupid but i'm super scared we are going to touch each other and then we are not going to wash properly and i'm gonna end up touching my 3 months baby and give it to him... It's ridiculous right? I am not breastfeeding by the way (don't judge me, i just didn't have milk in my breast!) so he doesn't has antibodies...

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

I got diagnosed probably 2 months ago with HSV-1 and haven't had another outbreak. I've also had sex again and my period with no problems. If you are all cleared up and have no sores sex should not be a big deal. HSV-1 prefers the oral area, so you are less common to shed or have outbreaks as much as HSV-2. Your husband also has antibodies built up from having it orally, so him getting it gentially is very less likely. As for passing it on to your child that shouldn't be a problem either. HSV-1 doesn't last when it hits the "air" just wash your hands after going to the bathroom or touching down there.
    • Posted

Also, since you are in a relationship consider taking suppressive therapy regularly it helps make it a tad bit less contagious!
    • Posted

I wish but i m abroad now for work and they don't prescribe suppressive therapy here unless you have outbreak on a regular basis!

Thanx for ur answer! I need someone to calm my irrationnals fears about passing it to my baby boy...

• Posted

You will not pass it to your baby unless you had it orally and then kissed him! So, make sure your husband is just extra careful with that! Just wash your hands after any contact down there and you'll be fine. HSV-1 is so common that is really isn't even a huge deal. Just something you have to get used too. So, don't live in fear!
    • Posted

No need, since her husband already has it orally, so should be largely protected from getting it genitally.
    • Posted

I'm saying her husband should be extra careful kissing their baby with oral HSV-1.
  • Posted

Agree with Lucky. Just wash your hands after sex and any touching down there, and it should be fine. But no need for suppressive therapy as already noted. You should be wary of autoinoculation, however. Until your body has enough antibodies (4 months, up to 6 to be extra safe), you can possibly pass the virus to other parts of your body, especially since it's Type 1.
    • Posted

Lol, love your reply! Yes, unfortunately it is possible to spread herpes elsewhere (more so Type 1) before your body has built up an adequate antibody response, which is usually by 4 months, but assume 6 months to be extra safe. In the meantime, if you touch yourself down there, especially if lesions are present, wash your hands with soap before rubbing your eyes, touching other areas, etc.
    • Posted

I wash my bands a lot and if i could do it with javex, i would believe me....

The thing is how i am i supposed to have sex that way??? I can't just go all the way but he's gonna contaminate me he touches me after touching my you know what!!!!!

I can't wait till april to have sex...

I have a weak immune system now (thank you cancer and chemo) and i'm really scared i'm gonna get it somewhere else!!

Why is this happening???

Now i'm freaking out....we are going to Mexico next week for vacation and i'm super scared. What do i do if there is no soap???

Are purell or antiseptic gel OK to kill herpes??

I don't want to stay in my room and i have been dreaming all my life to see the pyramids there. I was looking forward to this and now everything turns to a real nightmare...

• Posted

If you have a weak immune system, I would definitely be careful, but you can still have sex. After 4 months you can relax more. Regarding soap, I would bring my own! And alcohol handrub as backup. Probably a good idea regardless of GH!
  • Posted

Either masturbate watching each other or use gloves into it works every time hope it helps
  • Posted

F**k!

Just got my period for the first time since i gave birth and what just came with it???? Sores!

I want to cry so bad! My sons are both sick, one with a big cold and cold sore on his mouth (the oldest) , i haven't slept for days (neither did my husband) and now this...i know it comes it when se are tired but how i am supposed to be not tired with 2 kids?

• Posted

Well, when you start your period usually your hormones are out of whack which can cause outbreaks. I haven't experienced another one and I'm currently on my period too, but I'm taking suppressive therapy. The second outbreak does not last as long as the first, so try to stay positive even though it's hard too. Thinking about it too much and cause stress which triggers more outbreaks. Cold sores are common and the flu is going around. Everyone is sick in my family too. So, try to get plenty of rest and drink a lot of water.
    • Posted

Thanks for giving her that inside poor thing she's going thru a lot right now
    • Posted

Any possibility someone can take the kids for a day or so and give you a break? I feel for you honey if there's anything I could do for you I would everybody temperature down to the normal now with medication or no
    • Posted

Thank you, this is nice of you!

Nobody can't take care of the kids since de are abroad...i don't know anybody who i van trust with my kids! I don't understand why they don't want to give me suppressive therapy. I'm really trying to stay positive but it's so hard. I had cancer 10 years ago and o didn't feel that way...i feel so embarrassed, distgusting, ashamed and i'm scared my husband is going to see me this way too.

He says he doesn't but i'm scared he will.

I'm sorry, i just need to talk since i don't know who i could tell all this!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.