want to recover

Posted , 3 users are following.

can someone chat and help me see the benefits of recovering? please.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'll put it simply, just a few of the many positive points based on what I've been experiencing with recovery from my eating disorder (anorexia):

- more happiness

- more energy

- no painful, bloody, dry skin

- no dark circles under eyes

- no dizziness

- no more memory issues

- no digestive issues

- being fertile

- no mood swings

- just less pain in general

- in general being able to live life to its fun, full potential

I hope this helps, beth59660, and maybe it'll encourage you to choose recovery smile I did, and it was the best decision of my life.

• Posted

thank you omamlove, it's always a boost you need when someone just lists simple things like that. don't you find it amazing how every one of them things is a great deal to us while to everyone else it's just normal, what they should be getting out of life? i think it's time to say sorry to my body and mind and just accept these amazing things that will happen - WHEN, NOT IF i recover. I already have chosen recovery and want/ need help on here and to help others going through similar things. if you don't mind me asking, how long did it take for your healthy eating habits to stick?
    • Posted

Well, Beth, I'm not finished with recovery yet. But I'm starting to stick to my healthy eating habits because of the positive ways it's effecting my life, both physically and psychologically. Seeing this change, this progress during the difficult times during recovery, has encouraged me to stay on this good path. Another important factor in making these healthy habits "stick": how it can effect your friends and family, or those who are aware of your eating disorder. My parents, for example, are so happy and worry-free when they see me eating by myself, or a full meal, or as I ease off the "safe" foods. Seeing this happiness in them makes me want to please them even more. I hope you're doing well
  • Posted

Biggest thing for me is that i can focus on more important things in life... things that acually matter, being skinny is not important - AT ALL! I still get plenty of guys like me and i feel like an elephant after gaining 3 stone in 1 year! And my wieght isnt getting higher and higher, its stable at a healthy weight now, so it doesnt worry me at all, which is the best thing about recoving, the bestest thing ever! I love myself because i have more time to love my family because im spending less time worrying about myself! I feel good! XD You will too! XD Oh and i really enjoy food, but people still saay im slim ( i really dont think so) But I really couldnt care less, im not growing anymore, so i wont be a fatty, and i can still enjoy sweets things, but am healthy about it too! XD xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.