want to reduce my drinking

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi there

I want to reduce my drinking, not so much the regularity of it but more the amount when I do drink. I Isis ally drink once a week at the weekend. I have always viewed it as an escape from a busy week and a reward/treat for getting through the week! I Usually drink vodka and can get through 1/2 bottle in an evening. My friend recently said that when I drink a certain amount I switch and it’s like I can’t listen to anyone and just talk at people. I’m never like this when sober and would class myself as a good listener so the change in personality is something I hate.

I have a few friends with alcohol problems and I dont want to become out of control as I see the pain they feel. I feel like I’m becoming a problem drinker, falling over, blacking out, regretting and worrying about what I have done the night before. Being argumentative with my partner and then having to spend the next week making up for it, and feeling foggy for at least 2 days after a session. I’m so aware that it’s a slippery slope and want to make sure I have control over it and can moderate the amount I drink so have deceived to try and cut down from 1/2 bottle of vodka to no more then 2 glasses of wine. Ditching the vodka completely as it get me drunk very quickly which makes me not care about the amount I’m drinking if that makes sense. Hopefully on wine I’ll drink it slower and be more mindful. I’m hoping g to have a few weeks completely dry before this though.  Ivor order Kuduz as I’m feeling strong now but it’s jormal for me not to drink during the week but by Friday the craving will no doubt kick in so I’m hopi f it arrives before then. Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated ??

I will take your advice and mention that I’m cutting down and not touching spirits and see if this is something she wants to do together, but I do fear that she’ll continue until she’s ready to stop. 

This is a great site and has really made me think about where I am with my drinking as well as my fiends. Thanks for the advice

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Daisy, I was in exactly the same place as you, blackouts etc, and I also followed this website as it provided lots of tips. I ordered Kudzu and I have to say that it certainly worked for me. I had no cravings for drink, or my substitute, chocolate. I hope it comes by tomorrow for you and I wish you every success in cutting down. I will be thinking of you tomorrow.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.