Want to remove facial mole. Is it safe? (pic included)

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello. I'm a 22 year old female. There's a mole on my face that I'm thinking of having removed. It's right with the surface of my skin. So not protruding. I'm thinking of having it removed by a dermatologist. Is it safe to do so? I've heard from a friend that she heard from someone that a guy had a mole removed by a professional doctor and he passed away a few days later from complications? exclaim 

I don't really know the details and I don't know if it's really a mole but I'm worried. Can this really happen? Is it dangerous to remove a mole or is it something normal?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hello, Hello there. Knock, knock is there anybody in?

Who said human being are perfect, or were ever intended to be?

Why would anybody want to have such a tiny mark removed?

If you think that it might be serious then you should show it to your doctor.

If it turns-out to be a beauty mark (which is what I suspect it is) then by having it removed you could end up with a scar, so think on very carefully.

Good health and safety is one thing, but vanity is something entirely different.

Go to your doctor, and do stop fretting about it.

• Posted

I completely am aware that humans aren't perfect. I have five other moles on my face. I want to remove this one because I do not remember having it when I was young, it all of a sudden appeared and I notice it's slowly getting bigger.
    • Posted

Well then, as you are concerned about it please go to your doctor who will no doubt (a) give you an opinion, and (b) if he/she feels there is the slightest cause for concern send you to have the blemish analysed.

Whatever you do, please do not worry about it at this stage as it is miniscule.

• Posted

Thank you. But isn't a dermatologist the one who analyzes and if need be the one to remove it? 
    • Posted

Doctor (GP) first then by referral to a Dermatologist or maybe an Oncologist if thought necessary.
  • Posted

The problem with moles, is that you don't know what is going on beneath the surface.  If you are worried about it, which you appear to be, then go to your GP, who will refer you to a Dermatologist if necessary.  Your GP may be able to set your mind at rest and also remove the mole.

IIf it was me, I would prefer to go to my GP, rather than a clinic somewhere.  Is the Dermatologist you are talking about an NHS doctor?  Some of the doctors in some clinics, may be qualified in their own countries but not qualified to practise in the UK.

• Posted

Please have it looked at.  If you can see a dermatologist without referral to doctor then do so,  In UK we probably cannot!
  • Posted

That is the  best idea you have got. Please consult a dermatologist as quick as possible.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.