Wanted to Ask Yall....

Posted , 5 users are following.

As well as COPD...they tell me I have RD...Restricted Lungs which is a second disease. Evidently, the bottom part of my lungs is no longer moving...or pulling in and pushing out air. Hardened I guess. Can't ever get that back. Does anyone else have that? I've never heard anyone mention it on here. That's probably definitely directly due to smoking...I smoked them to death. Burnt them up. Anyone else have that? Maybe there's not much to know about it bc it is what it is. By the way...HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all the mothers on here! Answer me, but then get off here and go enjoy your day...lol.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Well, never heard of that before, didnt know you could dry your lungs out, thought that you could kill your liver with drink, but lungs ? no. Good luck with your strange extra disease, doesnt seem fair  that you get two - -  
    • Posted

Amen jay7196...it sure doesn't and they really caught me off guard with it. But I do know it's true that your lungs can lose its elasticity and eventually not move...just didn't know it could do it in parts...or that it would happen to me. It does happen to crackheads, methheads, people who smoke drugs and directly suck in those chemicals and fire from the lighters...the little holes in our sponge like lungs break making larger and larger holes to where they no longer spring in and out. I wasn't a druggy...but I smoked cigs like a train and he told me I burnt them up in the lower parts. Pray for me. I no longer smoke and I have about 50 % usage so I'm ok for now thank God. Hopefully I will maintain at this level for a long time.
  • Posted

Evening ladyjack51 Is it known as restrictive airways disease? I'm not sure if its the same as what I just described but no I don't have as far as I know so far! Sorry that you have this its bad enough having copd I hope there is something that can make you feel better! Happy Mother's day!
    • Posted

Incredibly sweet of you karen78573. Thanks for taking the time to even respond.
  • Posted

Don't know the exact lung damage, as to which parts are damaged but when the pharmacist showed me how to use the inhalers she told me to hold my breath so that it reached to the very bottom of my lungs , and then to count to 30 seconds to leave it to settle down there befoer taking another puff. She didn't know me or know nothing of my symptoms except that I had just been diagnosed with copd, so I presume most of us have lower damage. My posts are up for moderation because I did a copy & paste of some information on the effects of caffeine on copd, so don't be alarmed lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.