Wanting to start a medication to help my acid reflux, is it safe to take?

Posted , 6 users are following.

i should start off by saying i've been on Mirtazapine 15mg for around 4-5 months now, but it's not the medication giving me acid reflux, i just have my mom's stomach (boooo!) and have terrible mornings sometimes.

i'm an anxious person, so normally I won't take anything in fear of it clashing with my medication.

is Omeprazole safe to take with Mirtazapine? Or should I stick to my tums and rolaids until i'm able to wean off the medication at a later date?

thank you!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi megma, i have to start by saying i have never taken mirtrazapine so have no knowledge of it, what it's for/does etc. all i know is certain medications can upset your stomach and leave you in pain/with reflux. the best people to answer your question would be either your doctor's or chemist. if you know your chemist really well they may be able to give you sound advice. all medicines have side effects so they may clash. can i ask what the mirtazapine was for? it maybe taking that that is driving your anxiety? just a thought.....

• Posted

Mirtazapine 15 for 6 months now. yes I take oesomaprazole as have bile induced gaastritis hh and oesophagitis. havent noticed any difference. if oesomaprazole helps take it if not ask to try another. not all suits all.

• Edited

i have been using omeprazole with many antidepressants and no reactions have been experienced... and i haven't noticed any specific side-effects or drug interaction signs.. its been years now.. i am taking the combination..

• Posted

The drug interaction finder says there are no interactions between the two medication’s. you could also call a pharmacy and ask what they think.

• Posted

Hi, I'm on omeprazole and mirtazipine. I take the omeprazole in the morning and mirtazipine at night with no problems.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.