Wanting to stop taking amlodpine & Hydrchlorzide for high blood pressure and start Cbd. Is it possib

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been on 5mg of amlodpine and Hydrchlorzide 12.5mg since January 2018 for high blood pressure. I am wanting to start taking cbd i bhave been told it helps and its natural. my blood pressure has been around 110 /75 to 120/ 80 sometimes even less. i just am scared of side effects of just stopping. any suggestions? thank you

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

then readings are within the "normal" range. It would depend why you had high blood pressure in the first place. for example if being overweight was the cause and you have lost the weight it may be possible to taper off slowly under doctors supervision completely and not have to use either tablets or cbd.

if there is another reason you can speak to your doctor but alot of doctors wont approve CBD working and also it is worth noting CBD comes in many strengths and isnt as clear as most people think the wording is a shambles. the stuff H+B offer is weak compared to a FSO (Full Spectrum Oil) but the cost is alot more and I mean alot. also CBD takes several weeks to start working

• Posted

whatever you decide do not just stop the tablets without consulting a doctor. they are blood pressure tablets and alot of people will suffer a rebound which is often worse than what it was when you started taking the medication hence why I mentioned about if there was an underlining problem that has since being addressed

• Posted

thank you for responding iwill try to talk to my doctor she just isnt onboard with cbd. she just keeps shoving different things at me and most i dont want.

• Posted

Those are small doses of the BP meds, so I would not expect any problems from stopping. The amlodipine takes a week or two to clear out of your system.

Of course best to ask a doctor.

I'm guessing your BP wasn't all that high even without the meds.

Will CBD work? I have no idea. But I suppose it's more or less safe to try.

You do have a BP meter at home? Hope so, and just keep an eye on things.

• Posted

hello yes my blood pressure was at the highest like 178/ 101 but that was when i was in Er for a anxiety attack. otherwise it was high but not real high but at that time my anxiety was really bugging me. since April i have been able to keep it down and my anxiety to somewhat thats another reason i want to try cbd not just for my blood pressure. my doctor isnt onboard though with cbd. so i dont know what to do. thanks for replying

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.