Wants to up dose after 10 days?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was in the hospital for a couple days because of a massive panic attack. With my agoraphobia and amaxaphobia we all agreed it would be best to admit me there and get me started on some meds. I was on 1mg clonazapam 2 times a day 60mg propranolol extended release and Prozac 10mg. Now I just saw my doctor today after being out for a few days and she wants to lower my clonazapam to .5 3x a day and my Prozac to 20 mg once a day. I’m worried about the increase in the Prozac cause I haven’t been feeling the best. No appetite, depressed feeling not wanting to do things I normally do which isn’t much because of my agoraphobia. I guess I got a little sidetracked, would upping my Prozac dose be a good idea after only being on it about 10 days? She said my body should be used to it by now. But I don’t think that is true. 

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Happy times,

i was on 5mg for 2 days, then 10mg for 2 days, then up to 20mgs for 28 days now. The anxiety is rough and I hope to even out over the next couple of weeks. I take 50 Trazadone at night which really helps my sleep. I also break a .5 Klonopin in half and take .25 in the am when the anxiety is the worst. Doctor’s don’t know what you are feeling inside. 20mgs is what they like you to be on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.