Warafrin joint pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

Warfarin side effects.    I now have very round face and lower back, pelvic area joint hurts. Even to touch it. Same answer from Doctor, never heard of it. Plus weight gain. What are we 5 years old? I'm 64  I know my body. Never did this until I went on Warafrin. Was put on Lovenox shots for 6 months. I went bald !!! Doctor didn't believe me until I took off my hat. Still have hard knots and discolor in abdomen. Please don't dismiss me  I know what's going on. Why won't he put me on something else? 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Id get a new doctor. Never heard of someone being on shots that long. Im 36 had bilateral pes in November 2016. Was in the hospital a day and a half with shots and then sent home on eliquis also known as apixaban.
  • Posted

I had Dvt in right leg. My whole leg was so swollen could not see my toes. I had 2 surgeries The surgeons were the best here in Oregon. Spent 6 days in hospital. I was told the reason for 6 months of shots was because of the severity of the clot. My fault for not asking questions, but I was so scared had no one to talk to when I came home. Dr. Told my brother they didn't know if I would make it through surgery. I was just so scared and for some reason in denial of everything going on I just didn't ask questions. Again my fault. Second surgery removed filter in my lungs and balloons in my leg. That's why 6 months of Lovenox. But now I just want to know if this is as good as it gets with Warafrin. Side effects and all.

• Posted

Im not sure about warfarin. I know my moms on it and she never says anything but i was on eliquis. What was your dvt from?
  • Posted

We never figured out why or how I got the DVT. 
  • Posted

Change your GP!

My husband had all sorts of awful side effects on warfarin...eye bleeds, blood blisters, joint pain so couldn't walk properly, hair loss and, more of a problem to me, very nasty and aggressive mood swings.

It took 3 1/2 years to see a haematologist, and when he did she immediately put him on Apixaban.

Although there are still side effects they are nothing like the warfarin.

Good luck

• Posted

I have never been the same after being put on this for p.e.

when i mention that i have no energy, feel down, have to push myself to do things now, he says warfarin doesnt have side effects!  Well, all i know is that this started at 63 and i was alright before that.  It has now made me depressed but because of the warfarin there are problems with anti depressants which can be serious.  I am so fed up i just want to stop taking it and take the consequences. 

I did trial apixaban for a while but felt just as bad, and it has bad side effects which i have read up on and didnt want them.

so back on warfarin but not happy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.