Warfarin problem

Posted , 4 users are following.

been put on this for last couple of years, feel it makes me depressed.

last night i woke with a nosebleed, not huge but have never had one before and i am over 60.

i think its been caused by warfarin and dont want any more.

how do i stop it happening again?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi ann you cannot just stop warfarin you need to speak to your G.P.first.good luck let us know how you get on.
    • Posted

Gp just refers to anticoagulent dept. And they say its a safety thing to take it in case you mihjt get an event.  Four years on and its making me feel awful.  I'm heard coumadin has different fillers and not somhard on you.  Not sure if its innuk though

• Posted

Taking anticoagulants is a mixed blessing unfortunately because of side affects such as nose bloods or what not but I personally would prefer to stay on anticoagulants that to risk getting bilateral multiple emboli again and fighting for my life. Sometimes I think that it’s the trauma rather than the anticogulants that cause the depression or anxiety rather than the warfarin. Hope u are ok x 
    • Posted

Yes, i understand the choice of staying on this asopposed to having another pe event.  I am still feeling low and would like to take a supplement but so many seem to react badly with warfarin.  My diet is compromised by not being able to have good foods like avocados, broccoli, kale, liver, beetrooot, grapefruit, cranberries etc.

i am thinking of using magnesium supplement which can be done by spraying on skin therefore bypassing gut.  It says on bottle it will be ok if four hours have elapsed since warfarin.

have you any idea if this is a food idea or do you use supplements?

• Posted

I have been on Xialtro for 3 months with no side effects
    • Posted

Lucky you. I tried apixaban but it made me feel unwell.  Could ask dr about xarelto

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.