warm flush tingling all over body

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi all ??,

I'm a 49yo Male and recently been diagnosed with anxiety, I find it very difficult to deal with. The Doctor has put me on 50mg of sertraline a day (Started Two days ago), I get all kinds of not so wonderful symptoms. Like rapid heart beat, the sensation of skipped or missed beats, hot flushes, flatulence and just this moment a warm tingly feeling wash over my body then my heart started to race and a hot dlush. I have no pain what so ever, I've had ECG scans Bloods done, X-Ray and all have come back clean. The Cardiologist said there was no further investigation, am I going insane as this new episode scared me ....... Thank you in advance xx

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi

I was wondering if your are on any blood pressure meds. I have been having the same symptoms as you and have been hospitalized 3 times last year alone. 5 years ago I was hospitalized and was told that I had a heart attack it turns out that I did not. These attacks that I have are very random and for no apparent reason, the only common factor that I am aware of is that I am driving or just arrived at whatever destination I'm going to. I am a service tech so I do a lot of driving. Today I had another attack, my supervisor had to come and pick me up and take me home. This is so frustrating and frightening.

• Posted

I hear you about when you think it has something to do with your heart. I have been to the er twice in the last year thinking it's my heart. The last time I was there I had a very bad anxiety attack where my insides were shaking, I was very thirsty, my heart rate was high and I was having chest pains. It was super scary. Come to find out my chest was hurting because I pulled muscles in my chest which made me think there was something wrong with my heart. But I know how you feel. I try this thing I saw on tv. When you are having an axiety attack clothes your eyes and find 4 things to touch and say what they are out loud. Then listen for 3 things you can hear. Then 2 things you can smell. Then finally one thing you can see. It helps most times it gets your mind off of the anxiety attack.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.