Warm home discount scheme

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi folks.

Quick question bout warm home discount scheme form for edf. I'm in receipt of esa income related benefit only. But get £10 or so extra a week for being alone at home and caring for myself. I'm in the support group of esa by the way. My supplier seems vague whether I'm eligible for the warm home discount scheme. If I'm in the income related benefit doesn't it mean I'm entitled to whd? I've not had trouble before. Rang dwp and they said it's up to suppliers. Only pensioners are now only entitled to it properly.is this correct. Are other income related support group people out there having same problem? It's the only benefit I get and have have ever had. Many thanks again. Ian

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi,

You don't receive any extra money for living alone. What you recieve is ESA Income Related which includes the Enhanced disability premium of £16.40 extra per week. This extra is paid automatically to everyone On Income Related ESA Support Group, whether they live alone or not.

The Warm home discount entitlement will depend on the criteria of your energy supplier. Those that claim pension credit are automatically entitled and they don't need to apply, it's always awarded to these people first. The broader group are those on certain benefits and low income. If you're entitled to it, it will be the broader group you'll be in and it's first come first serve basis. You need to apply and simply wait... payments are made sometime in 2019. Your energy supplier will do all the checks to see if you're eligible, no need to contact DWP because it's nothing to do with them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.