Warm patches in body post covid- what is it?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi guys

since I had covid (tested negative recently also) I've had feelings of warmth in random places in my body intermittently - it's not painful but very wierd just starts without a trigger -like someone is holding a heater to my skin - legs mostly but also happens on my face and other parts.

Any insights would be really helpful!

Thanks

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I haven’t had Covid but I have had autoimmune disorders for the past twenty years that mimic some of the Covid symptoms. These disorders have come and gone, finally settling down to myasthenia gravis in 2009. Autonomic dysfunction has accompanied the autoimmune disorders, in which the autonomic nervous system malfunctions (you should look this up). I don’t think most doctors quite understand autonomic dysfunction and there is apparently little they can do for it except to treat symptoms if they become severe.

If its autonomic dysfunction, there is little you can do except try to wait it out. The most likely cause involves the nerves. As long as it doesn’t appear to be causing real harm maybe you can live with it. Its comparable to the raindrop phenomena that I have, where I sit in a room and it feels like I am being hit by raindrops. But it appears to be just nerves misfiring. My neurologist says it is not uncommon and there is apparently no harm being done so I ignore it. This has gone on intermittently for at least 15 years.

Based on what I have observed from autoimmune diseases I have had, it appears Covid disrupts the body’s immune system in significant ways. I conjecture, when Covid gets over, the immune system doesn’t necessarily go back to normal right away, if ever. This is similar to some of my autoimmune “events”, that went on from weeks to a year before resolving on their own. They can also be stopped by a drug or event impacting the immune system and I’ve had that happen. Lately, the Pfizer vaccine has been reported to stop post Covid effects in a way very similar to what has happened to me in the past. My myasthenia makes me sensitive to the impact of drugs and chemicals on my immune system. When I took the Pfizer, I had significant side effects, but I was expecting them, even with the immunosuppressant. It indicates to me that the Pfizer has a very significant impact on the immune system. So, if you haven’t taken a Covid vaccine yet you might try the Pfizer (both doses). It possibly might get rid of the post Covid effects, but if not you would know immediately. I don’t know if the other vaccines would accomplish this.

I would definitively recommend you see a neurologist and have him test your nerves to see if any damage is being done. The mention of heat concerns me. It is possible that the Covid has triggered some sort of autoimmune condition that may be slowly damaging the nerves.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.