Warm sensation above my knee

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi. 6 months ago I had a second discectomy on my L5/S1. All has been ok, up til 3 weeks ago. My back decided to kick off.! It felt like muscle spasms, for about 10 days. Since my op, I've had terrible twitching in my calf..similar to the creepy crawlie feelings I had pre op, but these twitches I can physically see happening.! I'm now getting a very warm sensation, just above my knee, to the right, (same leg that's always been effected with the sciatica pre op).! It only lasts a few seconds, but is happening several times a day. I'm also getting a bit of an ache in the back of my thigh but nothing compared to what it used to be. Could the warm sensation be connected to my back/nerves? And should I see my Dr about it? Thank you.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sjy,

Goodness so sorry to hear about the tough time you have been going through, I do empathise having had some lower back problems myself the last 18 months or so. I've been fortunate that my scans have shown not needing surgery or anything like that and have still been able to be mobile and things thanks to God but it has still got me down and found it hard to cope at times, it really is an awful thing. I can only imagine how tough it must have been go through your surgeries and the pain / recovery processes.

I wish I was able to offer more practical advice / help regarding this, just really hoping and praying things improve soon. I believe in God and that He is the great healer and really believe that you are going to be pain free again with his help - hang in there Sjy.

One alternative therapy I've found very very helpful for sciatica in the past, almost like a miracle cure when physio and chrio and all sorts of other things didn't work, is something called Bowen Therapy. It is very safe and non-evasive, and I've found it so helpful for sciatica and it can help with all sorts of pains and conditions - maybe worth seeing is something locally practices it, I know it's not something as widely done as physio or chiro but worth considering. I would definitely recommend it and have found it helpful.

Hoping so much that things can settle down with these pains and symptoms you are going through. Of course always wise to check in with the doctor and really hoping they can offer some reassurance / encouragement / good advice and support. Thinking about you and will say a prayer for you.

Craig

• Posted

Also meant to mention there that there is a good called 'Back Pain Decoded' by Robert Shanks which my osteopath recommended. It is different from a lot of the back books in that it offers a lot of information about gadgets and alternative things that can be done to help with back pain - I've not read it all but it is presented in a really good and simple way and doesn't baffle you with science. I think you can get a black and white copy on Amazon for about £20 (UK money).

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.