WARNING!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I would like to warn anyone waiting to take the Betmiga Micrabegon tablet of the information i'm posting. Betmiga has damaged beyond repair my mums muscles!! ALL of the muscles in my  mums body. If any patients taking LEVOTHYROXINE & AMLODIPINE there hasn't been any research on the interaction with BETMIGA MICRABEGON. My mum has been used as a human GUINEA PIG.

She is dying.

I have obtained reports from a pharmasuitical in HOLLAND on what the BETMIGA MICRABEGON has done to patients.

Nearly all patients were taking the all of the listed tablets I've written. They never 100% recovered! I have this information if their are any other patients who would like to read this.

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

That's some scary stuff to hear, Debbie. I am so sorry your Mum has gone through this.

What will you do next?

• Posted

At present with no help from the NHS (it was an NHS urolgist whom prescribed the tablet) I'm trying to somehow get the tablet effects reversed
  • Posted

Hi debbie i'm sorry to hear about your mum. i'm glad you posted this about the micrabegon i have been on these for almost 2 months also i was told to continue taking these until they sort out for surgery on me. even though i told the uroligist that the micrabegon was not working for me. i have not had any side effects from these but as they are not working for me i might be better not taking them
    • Posted

Please stop taking them!

It was a urolgist who prescribed the Betmiga Micrabegon tablets.

Could you please keep me informed if you do have any side effects?

• Posted

Yes debbie i will definitely let you know if i have any side effects and or any other problem from the micrabegon thanks james
  • Posted

This is really heartbreaking to hear and I am glad you are trying to help warnothers of the potential danger of certain drug interactions etc. The research needs to be improved and the trial testing should also be better. Before anyone ever takes medication of any kind, check with your pharmacists which drugs interact with other drugs and what are the side affects and the statistics on certain drugs.

Blessings to you and your mom Debbie

Lynn

• Posted

So sorry to hear about what happened to your mum and thanks for this info.

I nearly went on Betmiga and am already taking amlodipine, but, on the recommendation of my urologist, I stayed on the Nitrofurantoin antibiotic, taking one 50mg tablet per day permanently.  This will be rotated with 2 other antibiotics every 3 months.

This has completely stopped the urge incontinence and although the stress incontinence is still happening, it is much improved to the point that I'm only wearing the Tena mini pads.

I've just recently had the camera in my bladder and was told there's nothing there causing the problem so it's best to keep on the antibiotics.  The photos they took of the inside of my bladder showed a lot of scarring from previous cystitis infections though.

Hope the doctors can find something soon to help your mum recover and I certainly owe you a debt of gratitude for the warning if ever the antibiotics stop working.  Forewarned is forearmed!

Kath

• Posted

Debbie

I am most concered with you report and would like to read any other info you have. I have just been put on amlodopine hopefully short term and mentiond this to my Dr. and pharmacy and they new nothing about it and confirmed it was safe with mirabegron. Anymore news would be good.

• Posted

Pat 17497

I'm Debbies daughter Sarah.

I update and report on this forum do you have a private email I can email you on?

I can also email any information I have and inform you with reports that i have obtained from Holland where patients were on the same medication as my mum and yourself where there was an interaction. these patients never fully recovered.

If your Dr and pharamcy know nothing about Betmiga how did they confirm thee safety with mirabegon?

• Posted

Debbie, if you wish to send anyone a private message, you can do it on this forum as well. All you have to do is click on the name Pat and it will take you to private message and you can send anyone a private message that way if you like.

Lynn

• Posted

Hi Debbie & Sarah,

Thank you for taking the trouble to reply to me. I do hope you will be

able to get fit again . It might not be a good idea to put my address

on the site just in case of nutters!! Try doing the private mail way.

It might not work,we have problems here with internet and I couldn't get on this site last weekend at all!

I would like whatever info I can get and would then show my Dr. they do know about Bemiga and problems with that but not about interactions with that particular drug and assured me it would be ok. Hopefully I will only be on it short term to reduce my BP before a cataract op on the

8th October as it appears I suffer from 'white coat syndrome'! Do hope

you will get better, and thanks again Pat

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.