Warning - long confused post I think

Posted , 3 users are following.

Anyone who knows me I've been going through the wringer lately. Had a very stressful week, had  respiratory tests done, got a machine to test my breathing morning and night for a week, good news my second bowel test was clear, yipee!!!!. Had 3 monthly appointment with psychiatrist actually went well felt as if she listened this time and lasted an hour, told her more stuff has come to light following my BP assessment not that it would make a difference I don;t think but she will contact the Dr that completed this. It's stuff I need to download to deal with it. Next day the long travel for OHS assessment had been a wake since 5 am, self harmed on the bus as getting very up tight and anxious stupid or what, got in a panic as got lost and couldn't find the street in the city where the building was, did find it in the end. Panicked because the city was busy, felt trapped in a few shops, managed not to cry. Appointment went well the Dr remembered me from last time as I frightened him being so aggressive, he said he had noticed improvements and I know what;s going on , his report he said will hopefully protect me at work while I am still trying to sort my head out without them sacking me, I think my work are quite concerned as I walked out a few weeks ago and took more meds than i should of not enough to do myself in but enough to make me shot away as they hadn;t put in place support as the both members of staff I was suppose to go to were off. Anyway suggestions are reduce my hours for at least 8-12 weeks, more support and structure, further assessment after that. Very unsure as can;t think how this will work, contacted union rep who has been involved since I went off over 2 years ago. told you it will be a muddle. got my eyes tested they are ok but panicked again in the shopping centre as too busy. 70 mile drive home was good so good that I got high and a rush from its speeding and it was dark it felt good!!, delivered shopping that I was asked to get from a work colleague who said I was a different person she hadn't seen. I was flying... Later got a text from another friend who is struggling with the news about the abuse to young footballers as it is bringing memories back to him (not being a footballer though) tried to answer his text suggesting to talk to gP/Samaritians/family or even write it down as he doesn't wnat to talk about it this is the 3rd time he has text me about this. Find it hard to help did offer to listen but couldn't give any advice  As have my own problems(wouldn;t talk to him as don;t trust him as he tends to drink too much in company loose tongue), bought in more memories to me ended up driving very recklessly made myself park up before I crashed and rang samaritians talked through his texts, mentioned my past changed the subject managed to calm down, talked again about me but avoided a lot of answers as not ready to talk about it.

good walk out with a friend on Saturday, did fall over in the mud even laughed. Still only sleeping in two hour slots, took diazepam again to try and relax, today at work dreaded it, talked ot my line manager about last week he said too busy to look into yet plus he is off later this week. He is very stressed to as he is temp manager or an I making excuses for him, he is getting paid extra money.

got my copy of the report, went to exercise class tonight after ended sat by the sea, high tide deep enough to jump off the car park, but going to g/kids school xmas show on Thursday then got to keep going as my sister is coming to stay so got to do housework so ended going for a good drive in the dark. Now home getting drunk cos i can and just updating you all. 

Said it would be a mess like me. Thanks for reading if you get to the end. x

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Tina you will have to open up to someone. sounds like you are on a rollercoaster of emotions. Phoning the Samaritans was the best thing you could have done. But please speak to someone and let it ALL out. Try writing it down and hand it to someone you trust. X
    • Posted

I can't get got sleep with all this stuff going round in my head taken 5 mg of diazepam already. Plucked up the courage to contact the Samaritans for a sounding board the lady I spoke sounded so young and that made it harder to ask her opinion on what's bothering me. So I'm still no better off very unsure about contacting my cpn I was under and maybe discussing it with her but I don't know if I am just over thinking but the event has been bothering me for weeks now. I'm going to have to take a bit more meds to try and relax and get some sleep of some sort I suppose once I've stopped crying. I just feel so stupid, pathetic and useless for not being able to deal with this. I get so frustrated. Anyway enough moaning better try and count sheep or some.

• Posted

Hey did you get some sleep? Did it help. Try not to think of who the person on the line is. They have been trained and they will help. think of them as a blank book and you are writing all of it there. Once you start bit bybit might come out. Or try me??
  • Posted

I find i just need someone to listen helps.
    • Posted

Got to asleep in the end, managed work today only got upset a couple of times took 2.5 diazepam too as getting very agitated.

Thank you for your offer I plucked up the courage and rang an organisation as suggested by the Samaritans the other day and spoke to a very nice person who listened and tried to tell me nothing is/was my fault suggested talking to my GP very unsure of that one, still debating contacting cpn who i know quite well and I think she understands me. He made me feel not sure really as now feel very numb, blank, vague still feel as if everything that has happened or I've done is all my fault, but at least I;ve downloaded it a bit.

thanks again for your offer. xx 

If you need an ear anytime I can but try to be help. 

• Posted

You did the right thing. Talk to your CPN if you dont want to go to GP. Thanks for your offer too. We all need an ear to listen. X xxxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.