Wart on my hand - some advice please?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello.

A few weeks ago I noticed a lump size of a pea just below my left thumb on my hand. At first I thought it was a pimple and didn't give it much attention, but when I noticed it didn't change at all for a while I started suspecting it wasn't just a pimple because it was very firm and hard to the touch and mostly skin coloured. Then I remembered that when I was a little girl I had a wart on my thumb on my hand, right next to the nail and I remembered that warts are caused by viruses. I was treated with freezing and it went away after a couple of sessions and it never came back. Now that I'm able to understand more, I read that warts are caused by the HPV. I've started an apple cider vinegar at home treatment as I don't want to overcrowd the ambulances and hospitals because there are far more people who need medical help right now more than I do.

What I'm really aiming for with this post is to get some advice and info about warts and HPV. I don't want to cruise around the internet to avoid panic and over-reading. Plus, I've always been more appreciative of advice that comes from people who've been through same experiences.

I've got a couple of questions too and would appreciate it if someone could answer. Do these warts go away on their own eventually? Considering the fact that I probably carry an HPV now, will I have it forever? Or is it possible to heal from it completely?

Thanks in advance,

Cat

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Sounds like a common wart . Some people seem to get them quite often especially children and teenagers but then their body develops an immunity and they simply gradually stop getting them. Other people never have a wart in their lives and are probably naturally immune.

You can try the apple cider vinegar treatment or just cover the wart completely with heavy sticky tape....which keeps the air away and so kills the wart. Other home remedies are rubbing with the inside of a banana skin. A corn plaster, usually used on feet, will also get rid of it.

Dont panic.....they are so common.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.